2) Yes, I know. I'm Short.

Previously on She's The Billionaire's Assistant...

Sapphire Smith has just sat down to wait for her interview, when a little kid saw that she was drawing and told their mom. The mom is about to say something about Sapphire's art, when someone comes into the room...

Sapphire Smith. We're ready for you.  

I looked up at the door from hearing my name. 

"Ok, thank you." 

I stood up and as I walked past the child and her mother, I knelt down so that I was about the height of the little girl. I held out my small little doodle for her and told her she could keep it. Her mother looked shocked at what I had done. As I stood up I quickly glanced over and smiled at both the little girl and her mother. 

Walking over to the door where the kind lady from the front desk was patently waiting for me, she smiled and said "That was so sweet, now come along. Don't want to keep your possible new employer waiting now do we?" With saying that she winked and started walking down a hallway. I was quick to follow her. 

The kind lady, whom I have yet to find out her name, gently knocked on two large double doors. 

"Sir, I arrive with a special gift" the kind lady said, giving me another small wink.

As we waited a few seconds we finally heard a chair move against a hard surface, presumably wood, and quiet footsteps. Those quiet footsteps slowly got louder and louder as he walked closer and closer towards the door. Along with the footsteps getting louder, so was my heart. 

Am I really ready to start working? Will he like me enough to hire me? What if he doesn't like me? What i-

I was cut short from my overthinking when I heard the loud sound of a lock being unlocked. The door opened and when I laid my eyes on next was quite shocking. 

"Hello, you must be here for the interview?" 

Said a shorter than average man in a very posh looking suit. Me, being the me, I just stood there and nodded. 

"Good. You may leave now Ivory, I've got it from here." the shorter than average man said. 

Ivory, that's her name. I'll have to thank her later when I'm leaving. 

"Don't scare her off now Harry."  Ivory said before she made her way back to her seat behind her large desk. 

The shorter man, whom I have just learned is names Harry, looked up at me and told me to enter the room and take a seat. 

I slowly entered and took a seat on the opposite side of a very professional looking desk. As Harry passed, I couldn't help but to think about how he's probably one of very few people who I am taller than. I'm quite short compared to the average woman. 

"I know, I know. I'm short. Go ahead and tell me how you're shocked I'm this short." Harry said.

I vigorously shook my head. 

"Oh no, as a fellow short person I know how it feels to be constantly told how short I am." I replied as memories from my childhood slowly made their way back into my mind. 

You're so short. You'll never grow up to be anything. 

Nobody will want you because you're so small 

Do you shop in the kids department because it sure looks like you do! 

I can't believe your mother gave birth to such a thing like you, I mean come on! Someone like your mother shouldn't have to be held back by such a small thing who depends on others to do everything.

I felt tears threatening to come to my eyes at the memories of being bullied at school and abused by my ex-stepfather. 

"Are you ok?" 

I heard a voice ask, but it wasn't Harry's. I slowly looked up and my eyes instantly met a pair of beautiful brown eyes that were full of concern. 

Is he worrying about me? Nobody's ever worried about me, he's probably worried about the fact that he has a female who doesn't know how to control her feelings in his room. He's probably not going to hire me now that he sees me on the verge of crying.

Are you ok? The person asked, worry lining his voice.

Y-yeah.

Gosh darn it Sapphire, why did you have to stutter. 

Are you sure? You zoned out and Harry came rushing to my room to tell me you were about to cry. Is everything ok? Did Harry do something? 

Hey! I didn't do anything! Harry said from afar. 

"N-no I'm ok. Just got a little distracted, I'm sorry. I was here for an interview but I guess I blew that. I'll show myself out." 

Quickly scrambling to get all my crap together I was about to leave when I felt a hand grab my arm gently, but I flinched. 

Shit! you're going to blow your cover Sapphire!

The hand quickly let go of me realizing that I had flinched at the gentlest of movements. 

"Stay." 

I turned around, only to be met with a body inches away from mine. I slowly lifted my head to see those same two brown eyes looking at me, pleading me to stay.