3) Who Hurt You?

"Stay."

I turned around, only to be met with a body inches away from mine. I slowly lifted my head to see those same two brown eyes looking at me, pleading me to stay. 

~

What? 

I asked in a voice much weaker than I had intended it to come out. 

Y- you flinched. Why?  He asked with a soft voice, a voice so soft you wouldn't have thought a big tough looking guy like him to be capable of doing.

I- I'm sorry. Sir. It was out of instinct, it won't happen again. 

If there even is an again. I thought to myself. 

Go sit down, I'll have someone bring you a coffee and we can start the interview, sound good? The man with dangerous brown eyes asked. 

Looking down at my hands playing with the hem of my sleeve, I responded. 

S-sure, thank you.

I looked up at those enticing brown eyes and received a slight nod, barely noticeable. So taking that as my cue to sit down, I found my way to the seat I was previously sat in before.

Harry! Go get some coffee! 

I'm not your assistant! I heard from afar, assuming it was Harry. 

Tsk Tsk. I heard mystery man say whilst shaking his head with the smallest smile on his beautiful face. 

You are until I can find a new one you dimwit! Remember? Don't forget who you're talking to!

Oh! Yeah! Sorry sir! Right on it sir! 

I could hear footsteps and could sense mystery boss man was coming my way. Each footstep could be heard getting closer and closer to me. Slowly my mind started going blank, as I could only focus on the footsteps coming closer and closer to me. My breath started picking up slowly. I cursed at myself for letting the smallest action effect me. As my breaths were picking up I felt the need for some fresh air, so quickly looking around I spotted a glass door. Great! I got up, disregarding the fact that the steps were still coming closer to me, and rushed to the doors. After fiddling with the door to unlock it, I released a breath I didn't know I was holding in once I felt the nice breeze hit my skin. 

I closed my eyes and focused on my breathing. I was so focused on calming down I didn't notice that mystery man had made his way over to me. I felt a large hand on my shoulder and jumped more than I should have, again cursing at myself for being so weak. 

Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. Are you ok? You seemed to be in quite the rush to get out here. 

"I'm sorry, I needed some fresh air." I said looking down, slightly embarrassed. 

Mystery man took matters into his own hands and grabbed my chin ever so lightly and lifted it up so I was forced to make eye contact with him. 

Don't apologize for your scars, they're what make us unique and human. 

As soon as he said those words that made my heart rate pick up and my face turn a light shade of pink, I heard a door open and someone clear their throat. Both mystery man and I looked over at the door and were shocked at who we saw standing in the doorway. 

A/N

I'm sorry for the super slow updates. I'm just very stressed and have no motivation to write. I want to write and update on a schedule, but I can't bring myself to do it because then I get stressed and end up not doing it. So I hope that someone is enjoying this book. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read this. :)