2. Agree to Disagree

Now, Aria turned to the man with a frustrated accusation, "what's your problem?"

Taken aback by the scorn in her voice, the man frowned and retorted, "well, apologies for trying to help."

"You're a dragon trapper, I don't want your help," Aria spit her words, "not now, or ever. What are you even doing on Berk?" She then began to put the pieces of the puzzle together. With wide eyes, she demanded, "are you working with that monster out there?"

"No!" The man yelled in his defense, eyes wide, "you've got me all wrong."

Aria stepped toward him with an intimidating look. She grabbed his chin roughly and wiped the lines on his chin with her thumb. "I'm wrong, huh?" Aria questioned with a glare. Finally, she let him go and ran back to the village; she had a war to deal with.

• • •

After an exhilarating show of power and strength, Toothless defeated the bewilderbeast and earned back the loyalty of all of the dragons. Upon the sight of Hiccup, Aria raced over to him and tackled him into a hug. "I was so worried...when I heard Dad was gone I..I.." she stammered, squeezing him tightly with shaking arms.

"It's okay, Aria," Hiccup assured, holding his sister comfortingly, "I'm okay."

When she pulled away, Aria's eyes landed on a woman she'd never met before. Yet, she looked familiar somehow. Hiccup followed her gaze and smiled. Placing an arm around her shoulders, he introduced, "Aria...this is our mom. She was never killed by dragons; she was taken in by them."

Aria gasped, her hands subconsciously going to her mouth. Now she knew why this woman was familiar, she's seen bits and pieces of her in the mirror. The long brown hair that matched her own. A slim face and warm, green-brown eyes, all just like Aria.

⇧ Aria ⇧

⇧ Aria ⇧

"Mom..?" Aria breathed, feeling as if her legs may fail her.

Valka had tears of joy in her eyes as she wrapped her daughter in a warm hug. When she pulled back she looked down at Aria and admired, "look at you; you're all grown up. And a strong warrior, no doubt."

With a teary-eyed laugh, Aria hugged Valka again as though she'd disapear if she let go. Hiccup left the two alone for a while to let them catch up and went over to the other dragon riders.

While speaking with her mother for the first time in twenty years, Aria felt a hand on her shoulder. Assuming it was Hiccup, she placed her own hand over his in a loving gesture.

However, she quickly pulled away at the realization that this hand was much larger, and rougher, than Hiccup's. Aria looked to her side to find the dragon trapper from before. His eyes were pointed down at her, an eyebrow raised and a grin on his lips. It was becoming clear to her that this man was quite cocky, wearing such a proud look on his face all the time. "Quite affectionate, for someone you just met," he teased, getting the idea that Aria didn't know it was him.

When he chuckled, Aria frowned. But for some reason, no one else was too shocked to see him. In fact, the dragon riders seemed to treat him as a friend, even Hiccup. "I'm Eret, son of Eret," he introduced with a dramatic, confident bow.

"Aria.." She responded suspiciously, still unsure about him.

Eret held out a hand to her, and she hesitantly placed her own into his. To her surprise, he dipped down and planted a gentle kiss on her knuckles. When he stood back up, his gorgeous brown eyes seemed to stare into Aria's soul. She had to admit, the man was attractive. He was tall, muscular, and had a charming aura. "Well, it is very nice to meet you," Eret told her with a grin.

Ripping herself from her daze and confusion, Aria took her hand back quickly, still frowning. "Now, Aria," Valka began, placing either hand on her daughter's shoulders from behind, "Eret helped us a lot today; we wouldn't be here without him."

Aria looked over her shoulder with a conflicted look, but decided to put up with Eret..for now. Looking back to the hamdsome man, Aria cleared her throat and spoke professionally, "it's nice to meet you, too..formally."

• • •

That night, Aria was handing out yak-fur blankets to people to cover up with. With no surviving homes, everyone would be sleeping under the stars for a while. "Any to spar for me?" A voice asked from behind her.

Aria turned to see Eret standing tall. She lost her smile, but still handed him a blanket, trying her hardest to be accepting, for the sake of her family and friends who all seemed to take kindly to him. Eret took the blanket and gave her a small bow of the head. "Thank you." Without a word, Aria went back to what she was doing. "So, didn't know you were the new chief's sister," Eret prompted, trying to make small talk.

"Well, I am," Aria responded in an uninterested tone, hoping he would just leave her be. But such was not the case.

"Any chance I could help?" He offered.

With an exasperated sigh, Aria hesitated, then picked up a stack of yak-fur blankets from the ground and thrusted them into his arms. Eret smiled down at her, happy that she was at least allowing him to help out, then was off.