20 • not anymore

They put Jasper through so much hell in this show, I swear

——————————

Having spoken to Octavia, I was planning to leave to find Jasper again

Having spoken to Octavia, I was planning to leave to find Jasper again. That was until Bellamy walked into our tent.

"Ever heard of asking before barging in?" I asked. I was still a bit annoyed that he had walked out before I could explain anything to him. Plus, I had been drunk.

"How are you two feeling?" Bellamy asked, ignoring my question altogether.

"Peachy."

"Fine," Octavia replied. "Get out."

"I second that," I added, raising a hand.

"Octavia, did you touch Murphy yesterday?" Bellamy asked, obviously not caring what we were saying at this point.

She rolled over on her bunk at the strange question, "What?"

Bellamy just repeated his same question, but slower and sharper. I could tell that whatever was going on was serious from the look on Bellamy's face.

"I don't know. I guess so. Why?"

"The Grounders sent him here with a virus to infect us," he explained. "Derek just died from it, another mark for your boyfriend's book. Get up. Clarke needs to examine you. Sutton, you stay here."

My eyebrows creased, "Wow, alright. Thanks for caring."

"You didn't touch either of them and you haven't been in contact. Keeping you away from them keeps you safe. It's just a precaution."

Octavia looked over to me, concerned about whether to leave me or not. At least she was still my friend after I just told her off.

"It's fine," I smiled, "Just go get yourself checked out. Please."

The Blake siblings both left the tent, and I was alone again. I'd been on my own a lot, but it felt different now. I don't think I wanted to be alone anymore.

Climbing off of my bunk, I decided to go and join the rest of the remaining hundred who weren't being quarantined out by the fire pit. It wasn't currently lit, but everyone was still hanging around there.

Taking a seat beside Maeve, I watched everything happen around me. Everyone was keeping an eye and an ear out, waiting for the Grounders to attack us while we were weak.

It was around an hour before they began to carry out the bodies. Only two had died from the virus so far, thankfully. Not a lot of us were sick just yet, but I wasn't about to take any bets on the chances that we'd all survive. No one knew what this virus even was yet.

"All right. Shows over," Bellamy told everyone who had stopped their chores to watch them carry the bodies out. "Get back to your posts."

People listened, doing as they were told. Bellamy knew how to lead, and that was a skill we were going to need if the Grounders were really going to attack us.