Part 4

Khushi was in her room folding the clothes when Arush barged in running and raised his arms for her to pick him up with an adorable smile on his face.

Smiling affectionately at him she did so and sat on the bed with him on her lap combing his hairs. Only Khushi was allowed to touch his hairs no one else. Not even Arnav. Guess this habit he definitely inherited from his father.

Arush blinked his chocolate brown orbs at his mother tugging at her heartstrings. It always does. Even the years passing by couldn't change it.

Her son was a ditto copy of her husband. She has seen Arnav's childhood photographs. Arush resembles him ninety nine point nine percent if you'd exclude the dark brown hairs he inherited from her.

"Maa, I want something." Arush made a perfect puppy dog face which Khushi uses in order to make Arnav agree to her irrational demands. Sometimes. Okay, most of the times. She giggled inwardly.

Smiling widely she asked.

"What is it, mera bachcha?" Khushi kissed him on his forehead.

Arush got down from her lap, walked to his parents' cupboard which was already open as Khushi was placing ironed clothes there. She kept sitting on the bed curiously noticing her son's every move.

He stopped in front of the closet and turned to her pointing to something in the rack.

"I want that." He said excitedly.

Khushi saw that he was pointing to Arnav's Armani suits hung in the cupboard.

"Your father's suit?" She asked amused.

He eagerly nodded.

"But sweetheart, aren't they quite oversized for you?" Khushi barely held back a laugh seeing him scowling.

"Maa, please." He whined.

Laughing Khushi stood up and came to crouch down before him.

"What are you gonna do with the suits?" She adjusted his collars rubbing his shirt off the dust. He must have come playing from the garden.

"I want to be like him!" He announced firmly crossing his arms over his chest turning his head to the other side indicating that he was upset.

"Oh dear," Khushi embraced him. "You already are."

He pulled back and looked at her knitting his brows together. Khushi couldn't help but kiss his small hands seeing him doing that.

"Really?"

"A hundred times, yes!" She nodded convincingly.

Arush's face lit up.

"If I am like him then shouldn't I dress like him, too?" He tried another tactic to make Khushi agree.

Khushi snickered understanding her son's motive.

"You are just a kid, kiddo."

"Maa!" He protested.

"Okay, fine." She ruffled his hairs.

"You want dresses like your Papa you'll get them. Happy?" She kissed his cheek.

"Very!"

He threw his arms around her making her heart grow in size. She smiled wide hiding him in her cocoon closing her eyes.

"I love you, Maa!" He said energetically before kissing her one more time ran out of the room.

Khushi chuckled in his wake shaking her head.