Chapter 4

AAAAA I'm dying, the last chapter was rushed and I apologize for that. I'll try to not rush this chapter and make it better.

———

I groaned, blinking, the bathroom lights shone down into my eyes. I then realized I was being shaken, I turned my head, my eyes meeting with Larry's worry filled chocolate honey eyes.
" Sal! Dude! You okay? You hadn't come back to class in a while so I came to check on you. You were passed out on the floor!"
I blinked and everything that happened came back to me, so did the pain. I tried to sit up but I felt a sharp pain in my ribs and laid back onto the floor and spoke, pain filling my voice.
" y-yeah man, I'm fi"
Blood hurtled out of my mouth and spilled onto the floor and onto my black jumper from under my mask.
Larry looked terrified and sick to his stomach, he was always sensitive to blood.
" Jesus Christ man! We gotta get you to the nurse "
I wanted to object but I could feel myself already slipping out of consciousness.
Larry picked me up and carried me as my head rested on his shoulder and my eyes forced shut.

1 hour later
——— ——

I heard a voice, it was too familiar to ignore.
It kept repeating the same sentences.
Wake up.
It's time to wake up.
Sal, honey wake up.
I groaned speaking softly, " Momma, five more minutes. "
I stared up at the beautiful woman with golden locks hanging down in front of her shoulders.
I saw her slowly get farther from me, I screamed out for her to come back but was greeted by a blinding white light.

I groaned blinking slowly as I realized where I was, I was in the nurses office on a bed. The petite woman with long flowing jade hair smiled and walked over to me upon realizing I was awake.
" how you feeling, Sal?"
Her voice was really sweet, like REALLY sweet, it kind of creeped me out.
" I feel fine. "
I was lying, I sat up winding at the pain shooting through my ribs and face. She sighed,
" you aren't fine, you have 3 cracked ribs and you have bruises and cuts on ur face. Your nose is also broken, it doesn't look that bad, it's just purple."
I froze,
Did she see my face...?
I gulped and just had to ask, " did you... see my face?"
She smiled sympathetically, it had so much pity in it I thought I'd vomit. Then I realized,
did Larry see it?
" Don't worry, only I saw it due to medical reasons. Your father can't pick you up so you'll have to hang out in here until after school."
I sighed nodding, relief did fill me as I didn't have to go to class and most importantly, Larry didn't see my face. I laid back down drifting off too sleep, to a sleep not plagued with nightmares or dreams, which was very pleasant.

Lunch
—————

I had been awake for 30 minutes but I wasn't hungry. I was really bored honestly just scrolling through Instagram on my phone, until the door opened and a tall brunette walked in, worry filling his face.
Larry.
He walked over and sat next to me on a couch I moved to that was in the nurses office. I looked st him smiling under my prosthetic.
"Hey Lar."
Larry smiled for a moment before asking the question I knew was coming.
" who did this to you? The nurse told me what condition you were in."
I tensed up and I saw the anger burning in his eyes.
" I-I'll tel you if you p-promise not to hurt anyone."
Larry inhales deeply, he considered it but gave in.
" I promise."
I inhaled, when I opened my mouth to speak I started shaking, the cold glare of Travis filling my mind. Larry rubbed his hand on my back giving a sympathetic smiled, it was comforting, unlike others pity didn't fill his smile. I stopped shaking as I said the name, Larry's eyes filling with anger.
" Travis"
I flinched as Larry bursted our shouting.
" I'll fucking kill him!  how dare he do this!"
I looked at him, fear in my eyes, would he really hurt Travis?
Larry noticed my eyes and smiled softly calming down, he apologized, his deep voice filled with sweetness.
" Sorry blue, I won't hurt him, but I'm not leaving your side at school tomorrow. "
I nodded giving a small smile, even though he didn't know I was.
Larry's face brightened up as he had a great idea.
" wanna skip? I wanna show you something "
I smiled as he helped me get up, we got nurse's permission to leave. I was in pain so Larry ended up carrying me on his back as we walked to the apartments. Once we walked behind the apartments he set me down and walked slower so I could easily follow him. I did feel pain but it wasn't too bad since I was patched up. My eyes widened as we neared a treehouse.
" dude this is cool! Is this yours?"
Larry smiled and nodded, he began to climb up. He motioned for me to follow, which I did. We stood in the treehouse as I took in my surroundings in awe.
" this is seriously so cool"
Larry smiled and then frowned,
" My dad made it for me, before he..." Larry cut himself off  and I caught grasp on the situation. I hugged him and we sat down. Still hugging.
I pet his hair as he slowly ranted into my shoulder.
" m-mom says h-he left us... but I don't want to believe that.... h-he left all his stuff here. "
Larry wasn't crying but his voice was breaking.
I felt bad and continued to comfort him.
" Shhh... it's okay. "
He hugged me tighter and gave up on talking, he was probably going to cry if he talked more. I then continued whispering comforting things into his ear. Eventually he fell asleep and laid down his head on my chest. I slowly drifted into a sleep.

—————

1025 words.

Wow so lemme know if this chapter was better so I can keep making the future chapters better and better.