Chapter 14

Luna stepped out of the classroom after her last final exam, a shudder of cold running through her and her mind still not fully clear after what had happened just a class before.

"This is all your fault, you know!" Sylvia shrieked, shoving Luna against a locker.

Luna's eyes were wide, a dull ache starting at the back of her head. "What are you talking about?" She pushed the girl back, holding her hands out to keep a distance between them.

"It's your fault I'm like this! It's your fault this is happening to me!"

Luna stepped back. "I... I don't..."

"He says it's your fault! He says that you're the reason bad things happen! You're the reason I'm a freak! You're the reason I'm alone!"

Luna's breath was starting to shudder. "Sylvia, I don't understand..."

"That's just like you! You ruin everything and then expect everyone around you to fix it themselves! Just move on after everything you've broken!"

"I-I'm sorry..."

Sylvia shoved her against the lockers again, her face burning red as she stormed off down the hallway, screaming and tearing at her own hair.

Luna took in a few shuddering breaths, trying to process what had just gone down. A scream from down the hall drew her out of her thoughts as they climbed over one another in an attempt to make sense. She stood up, staring as Lloyd slid down another set of lockers, yelling and screaming at himself as his skin paled and his hands raked through his hair. "I will never do that to them!" His voice cut through the hall. People were staring. Sylvia was red faced and standing not even a meter away. Feeding thoughts into his mind. The way she had done to Luna.

She ran to him, pushing past people who sent them concerned looks. Someone looked as though he would call the police, but Trae waved him away.

"Lloyd! Lloyd, what's going on? Lloyd can you hear me?" She shook him, but no response came. His skin began to grow a deathly pale and his lips turned deep purple, the way Luna had looked just a class earlier. He looked so cold, yet he didn't move at all. His head dropped to one side, hitting the wall that ran perpendicular to the lockers that were supporting him.

Luna looked around the hall, watching Trae shoeing people away. She tried to help Lloyd to his feet, but he was out. His fingers were frosting blue, but no matter what she did she couldn't get him to open his eyes.

☆★☆

"Can you just listen to me?" Sylvia shouted at Eve. her hands were clamped over her ears and her knees were shaking. "I keep hearing a voice... I know I've heard it before, but now he won't stop talking to me..."

"You're hearing voices? Like in your head? What kind of stunt are you trying to pull?" Eve responded, her hands on her hips and a disbelieving gaze sent towards her sister.

"I'm not! Just listen to me!" Sylvia was frantic, reaching out for Eve's hands.

Eve jerked back. "This is just like you. Another stunt for attention? Please. Just go take a nap or something," she said with a sigh.

"It's not for attention! I'm scared!" Sylvia let out a sob.

Eve stared at her, slinging her backpack over her shoulders. "Maybe go to the nurse and take a nap? I really don't know what to tell you, but I have to go to class now," Eve rolled her eyes, her lips pulled tight into a concerned grimace as she started to walk away.

Sylvia shuddered a few times, sliding her back against the lockers and sitting on the floor. The voice swirled in her head, speaking louder and louder until she couldn't take it anymore. She had to try again, to gain his approval, to get him to stop.

☆★☆

Lloyd's eyes opened, the purple on his lips slowly draining. "What happened?" He asked, peeling the cold hand from his face. Lily's eyes were wide with concern as she took a few steps back.

"Are you okay? You passed out," her voice was too soft, the sound drained from his ears.

He tried to stand, but a dizziness fell over him and he slid back to the floor. He put his head in his hands, pressing the palms into his eyes until the spinning stilled. "I'm so dizzy... what happened?"

Lily shrugged, taking his hands as he looked up at her. "First Luna, now you. What was in your water?"

"The water?" He thought for a moment. "That's a possibility I guess. I swear it was a voice I know though..."

"Maybe it was Luna's voice you heard? Or mine?"

"Yeah, maybe," he let her try to help him to his feet again, looking around the hall. "How long was I out?"

"Only about a minute. If we hurry, we can still make it to class."

"Where's Luna?"

"She felt dizzy again so Trae took her to her class, now c'mon, we have to go."

He pressed a hand to his face again. "Okay, let's go."