ELEVEN|PREP TIME

ARMANI

        "Girl, this job is sweet. All you gotta do is sit here and listen to that fine ass nigga all day" Sequoia said as she took a seat at Armani's desk. A week had passed, and she was officially comfortable with her new position, hell she was doing the damn thing. Not only was the office kept immaculate, K-Dot hadn't missed any calls or appointments, which in turn gave him more profits like he expected. All in all, hiring Armani proved to be a great move so far.

"Bitch, no" Armani corrected her friend, "I actually do work"

"Being on the phone is not work. I actually have to do shit at my job"

While Armani had a nice office job, Sequoia was stuck working at Shoprite, which was definitely more of a headache. She would love to be as lucky as her friend.

"Don't hate" Armani gave her a knowing look, "Just cause we're in different roles don't mean I have it easy. K-Dot can get demanding"

"I bet" Sequoia said in a flirtatious tone.

Armani caught her sexual glare and rolled her eyes at her friend. Sequoia couldn't help but insist that K-Dot had a thing for Armani, however she let the assumption roll off her back. She could never picture that, and besides at the time she was trying to stay away from all men. After catching Sage red handed, Armani hadn't reached out to him after and to her surprise he hadn't either. That told her he was happy with the woman he put over their relationship, so she held onto the last bit of dignity she had left and kept him in the past.

"Girl, let that go. K-Dot has a girlfriend" Armani shook her head.

"So? Girl I see how he ~~"

Before Sequoia could finish her sentence, K-Dot came strolling into the office. Sequoia didn't even try to hide the smitten look on her face, as she glued her eyes on his build. He wore his hat to the back, his white t-shirt dirty with oil but still pressing against his solid body. Not paying her any mind, he placed the plastic bag on Armani's desk.

"As the lady requested" he winked, "and be careful, its hot"

"Thanks boss" Armani smiled coyly, opening the platter of Jamaican food.

"Anytime" he said, grabbing his own platter before leaving the office once more.

"See what I mean... aS tHe LaDy ReQuESted" Sequoia mimicked him.

"Girl, that green monster...its on your back again" Armani giggled.

"Whatever...anyway its this party tonight in West. You want to go?"

"And risk running into you know who? No thanks" Armani rolled her eyes.

For once she was actually trying to steer clear of him.

"I doubt if he'll be there. Its a college party, since thanksgiving break just started" Sequoia shrugged, beginning to dig into her friend's food with her.

Armani looked at her as if she would cut her hand off at that moment, and Sequoia got the hint.

"Just think about it. Thanksgiving is in two days, so if I know your family you'll be booked up starting tomorrow" Sequoia told her.

And that was true. The Graham's took cooking very seriously, especially on holidays. It was two days before and Big Muh already had Armani running around the city with him for his very specific ingredients. The fact that thanksgiving was at Nico's new mansion only made it even more of an important event, since most if not all of their family members would be there and supposedly he had a big announcement.