Chapter 25

A/N: Thank you so much for nominating Aries in the Fiction Awards. I can't thank you enough. 

If you don't know, check out what Fiction Awards means! It is actually an amazing way to discover upcoming writers! (or undiscovered)

And yes, it is an early update! I just wanted to give you guys a surprise. 

P.S. Kill me later

*****

My body groaned as my eyelids fluttered open. Every single cell was crying. My nerves were grating and my muscles were moaning.

I shifted a little, only for the pain in my back to roar more strongly. Breathing out harshly, I scanned my surrounding.

Crying and whimpering would not get me out alive. It definitely would not heal me seeing the fact that these Magycs have drugged me. But what did they do to my body for it to pain so much?

Darkness greeted me when I let my gaze roam. Walls on which moulds and algae grew. I wrinkled my nose at the decaying smell.

I was in a dungeon again. I could simply tell. Thank Amaris! I was not in the Dungeon created by the Moon.

I tugged my wrists to see manacles holding them back. The more I pulled the spikes grew.

I really wanted to hit myself. This was a design created by Andrew. I should have guessed that he would have sold it to these people.

"Lyra?" A familiar male voice called me.

Ignoring the pain my nerves were crying, I pulled myself to a sitting position.

"Jed?" I called, surprised to see him in a cell next to mine.

He nodded and I could see a huge gash of a scar running down his face. "Yes."

I took in a sharp breath. "What are you doing here? Where is Ant? How long-"

Jed moved a little and I could see a small frame of a person lying next to him.

His companion's hair was messy and was till shoulder length and that person was breathing deeply as if they were in a state of coma. Other than that, I could see no other harm on Ant.

Or so I hoped.

I tried to find the bond that connected me to my pack only to find it dead from my side. It was as if the bond was in deep slumber.

What had these Magycs given me?

When despair gripped me, I dodged it and tried to find the one between me and Aries. To my surprise, it was blocked. That bond had been a fragile bond to begin with. It could snap if the one between me and my pack was masked.

It hurt deep in me to know that the bond I had with that star could break.

Jed sighed. "After they caught you and Ant, Brent and I followed the van. The Magycs caught up to us. I was able to distract them enough for Brent to escape. But I was caught."

I took a deep breath in and shifted myself to a comfortable position. "How long are we here?"

Jed said, "A night is over."

Just a night? If Aries came to know, I just wondered what he would have done.

I licked my lips. "What did they do to me? Did they harm Ant?"

Jed shook his head. "They did not touch her. Said she was a human and they would not stoop low."

I sighed in relief. So she was sleeping because she was exhausted. Thank Amaris! They did not touch her.