Chapter 28

The most awaited chapter. *sighs* I can just hope that it meets the standards.

********

I could feel his pain and it tore my heart to shreds. He thought he had lost me. That he would never see me again. 

And to save me, I knew what he did. He nearly wrecked the East Tribe to nothing but dust. I knew it because I saw it all in his memories.

As a gasp left me, I realised that I felt not only his pain but his fear. He used that gasp and slipped his tongue into my mouth and swirled it with mine.

I lost my control. My fingers curled around his head and my other hand scraped his back. A slight metallic tinge filled the air before lingering like an early morning hazy fog.

He growled into the kiss and I could feel myself get wetter. The scent of our arousal intertwined with the scent if his tarrying blood.

I was getting high just from smelling that. One of his hands gripped my waist and the other went further down, caressing my butt.

I moaned and sucked his tongue. As much as we were close, we weren't close enough. I pulled him further into me.

And without a complaint, he moved with me, but I could feel him take over the kiss.

It was great being a pulsar. Things like the air was no longer a bother, but since I was still stuck in this form, my lungs groaned with the lack of oxygen.

I broke off the kiss and gasped.

The sight before me, it just took my heart away. His lips were bruised from the intensity of the kiss and his cheeks had the lightest shade of pink.

Under the moonlight, his silver eyes shone brighter as he saw me with tenderness. The emotions behind his eyes stole my breath than his kiss.

"Lyra," he whispered. "Lyra."

He was not merely whispering my name. He was telling my name like a prayer.

I moved my hand that was locked in his dark hair to his face and touched his cheeks. "I am here."

"I thought," he said, his hold getting tighter. "I thought I lost you to the Maze."

I shook my head, my hair falling on my face. "It can't keep me from you."

He pushed the hair strands back. "You have no idea what the Maze can do. Both the Maze and Dungeon are designed to capture felons. They trap them within and release them only when their soul is sucked out and your mind is shattered. You have no idea how grateful I am to hold you again."

I simply rested my face over his beating heart and inhaled a deep breath if his scent. It had a hint of the scent those white flowers gave in the Maze.

"Aries?" I called, listening to that wonderful sound. "When were you going to tell me that you Soul-Bonded with me?"

He froze for a minute before he relaxed. Closing his eyes, he rested his head on my shoulder.

"Must I ask how you know that?" he asked softly matching the coolness of the night.

I moved my head a little back to look him in his eyes. Those silver reflecting the flat disk above was looking at me curiously.

He was not angry, merely curious with a hint of amusement. What amused him here?

"I will say the second you say," I said.

He sighed and touched our foreheads together. "That night... I spent with you."

I frowned. "Which night?"