Chapter 16- Not an Object

"You like him," Cassie said, laying on my bed with her head hanging off the side. She studied me closely as I sat on the floor staring intently at my homework. 

"What?" I asked, clearly upset she could even suggest something like that. 

"You don't want to, but you do. You like him, Allison." Cassie sat up, turning around to look me straight on. 

I felt my pulse speed up. Was it obvious to everyone that I was slightly attracted to Alarik? 

"So I think he's kinda hot and I want his body all over mine. That doesn't mean that I like him, Cassie. There's more to all of this than the physical attraction. Like locking up my life and throwing away the key. If I say yes to him then I'm stuck forever. He definitely has the personality of an Alpha, I can kiss any sort of life goodbye."

Cassie rolled her eyes. "Don't you think you're being a little too over dramatic?"

"Not really," I mumbled. 

"And besides," I said louder. "He made me sign a freaking contract saying I can't reject him. The only way I'm allowed to make up my mind before two months are up is if I give him a yes."

"Well he didn't make you sign it."

I was still kicking myself about that damn contract. No, he hadn't made me sign it but he hadn't exactly just brought it up lightly giving me the free will to turn away from it. 

"And he wouldn't really follow through with that."

I rolled my eyes. "If I refused him you really don't think he would mark me as the pack pariah. Kick me out, turn me into a rogue warning every pack to stay away from me? Allow me to get sucked into the darkness of it all?"

"No," Cassie said, looking less convinced than she sounded. 

I knew not to count it out. Alarik was anything but soft. If he was upset enough about something, there wasn't anything he wouldn't do. If I were to reject him, I knew there was a good chance he would follow through with the contracted agreement. Hell, I wasn't sure that he wouldn't do that even if I held out for the two months in order to reject him. 

"Seriously though, Allison. You haven't given any real reasons for not being with him."

"And he hasn't given me any reasons why I should be with him. Cassie, he's arrogant. He isn't treating me like a mate, he's treating me like an object he needs to obtain. I'm a person, not some thing needing to be possessed. He's played the entire school. Point out one person besides yourself who he hasn't slept with. And who knows what he's done for his father in the name of our pack."

"Exactly, you don't know," Cassie said raising a brow at me. 

"I may not know, but I know what he did as a kid and if you really think killing little animals isn't creepy and psychopathic then I think you may need some help, girl."

Cassie sighed. I wished she would just stop being such an advocate for this mate thing. Sometimes it just wasn't meant to work out. Not that I was going to give up, apparently I legally couldn't. But that didn't mean I couldn't predict the outcome after the two months were up. 

I looked over at the clock and groaned. 

"He's going to be here any minute."

"He's coming here? Like right now?" Cassies eyes grew huge and a grin was plastered onto her face. 

I just nodded with a slight frown. "He has something planned for us to do like, every day this week."

"That's so cute!" Cassie shouted.