16- Drowning in Confessions

A/N: Please do not get distracted by the attractive man above and enjoy the chapter! ;P(also OMG my husband walked in while this gif was on my computer and I was *and still am* so mortified

(also OMG my husband walked in while this gif was on my computer and I was *and still am* so mortified. Like don't mind me, I'm just shamelessly admiring another man's abs T.T)

::

Just great. Things were just great. Jungkook's eyes didn't meet mine all morning, he avoided me during our shift at work, and he disappeared before we could make any plans about dinner. I was so defeated and confused that I left my messages unanswered all afternoon. I didn't have it in me to talk to Chaeyoung about her date with Jimin, Hoseok about his off day, or Yoongi about a new song he finished this morning.

Taehyung got home after I finished loading all of my dishes into the dish washer, and he sent me a big smile. I looked at him wordlessly until his smile dropped. I dried off my hands and fully faced him, thoughts slipping from my lips as they popped in.

"What made you snap?"

His confusion lingered a moment before realization kicked in. I could sense his dismissal from a mile away, but I wasn't having it.

"I know that you know." I pressed. "There was a specific incident that started it. Why can't you tell me?"

"Ari," he shook his head. "I just... I can't."

I stepped closer to him, eyes angry and brow twitching. "And Jungkook? He said that he started sleeping with girls because of what you were doing. What kind of backwards bullshit goes through your heads?"

The way Taehyung kept silent, staring at me like I might lunge at him with a knife, forced my own introspection. I took a deep breath and softened my tone. "I can't keep doing this back and forth. I'm so tired of it."

"He..." Taehyung swallowed, leaning back against the wall. "Ari, I really don't think you want to know."

"How could it get any worse than what I've already heard," I laughed deliriously. Soon enough, Jungkook and Taehyung might have to drop me off at an asylum. There was no way anything could top what Jungkook and Jennie told me last week. No. Way.

What was next? Cheating a high school class by sleeping with the teacher? Organized crime, like a bank robbery? Murder? Undercover mafia?

"It's not something I can just..." Taehyung swiped his hands through the air. "...tell you. Not without Jungkook here."

I took a deep breath. Great. Jungkook and I were so open and honest with each other that this couldn't possibly go wrong. Maybe we could have this all resolved before my hair turns gray.

"Do you know where he is?" I raised my eyebrows. "I will drag him back by his roots, and you two are going to set this straight." This was going to end tonight. All of the secrets will be out on the table, and neither of them are going to pull a stunt like this again, if they want to actually see their thirties.