The Spanish State Visit

You get what you give.
What you put into things is what you get out of them.

Chapter One ~ The Spanish State Visit

June 20th, 2026

King Felipe and Queen Letizia of Spain began their State Visit to the United Kingdom with a welcome which showed British pageantry at its best. The official arrival ceremony on Horse Guards Parade was followed by a procession down The Mall to Buckingham Palace, and the evening saw a spectacular State Banquet at Buckingham Palace.

The Royal Family✔
@RoyalFamily

This morning the staff at The Royal Mews have been busy preparing the horses and carriages for today's ceremony. #SpainStateVisit 🇪🇸🇬🇧

❤️516 • 5:09 AM - Jun 20, 2026

💭 93 people are talking about this >

The Royal Family✔
@RoyalFamily

The official welcome ceremony for King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia is taking place on Horse Guards Parade in London #SpainStateVisit

❤️693 • 6:27 AM - Jun 20, 2026

💭 202 people are talking about this >

The Royal Family✔
@RoyalFamily

King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia of Spain have arrived at Buckingham Palace #SpainStateVisit 🇪🇸🇬🇧

❤️873 • 7:06 AM - Jun 20, 2026

💭219 people are talking about this>

During the banquet, The King made a speech in which she emphasised the connections between the two countries, saying, 'This State Visit is an expression of the deep respect and friendship that describes relations between Spain and the United Kingdom'.

134,183 likes

theroyalfamily The King, The Princess Consort, King Felipe and Queen Letizia pose for an official photograph at Buckingham Palace ahead of the State Banquet. 📷Press Association

View all 127 comments

principedaniloreal12 DEUS ABENÇOE! 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥

JUNE 20, 2026

111,980 likes

theroyalfamily Petits fours will be served on these exquisite gold plates which bear the Royal coat of arms at this evening's State Banquet. The delicate and detailed red carnations - the national flower of Spain - are not real, but made out of sugar by Royal chefs.

View all 90 comments

djgadgett :D

natasha_rose69 I need one of those plates lol

JUNE 20, 2026

158,640 likes

kensingtonroyal Last night The Prince of Wales attended the State Banquet in honour of King Felipe and Queen Letizia of Spain.

View all 411 comments

beagen95 @xoxogoodlettgirl

nitachatlani 💟💟💛💙💚💛💛💛💗💖

JUNE 20, 2026

98,899 likes

sussexroyal Last night The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and The Prince of Wales attended the State Banquet in honour of King Felipe and Queen Letizia of Spain.

View all 289 comments

JUNE 20, 2026

1,011,100 likes

infantaisabel Last night Infanta Isabel attended the State Banquet in honour of King Felipe and Queen Letizia of Spain. She was accompanied by The Prince of Wales.

View all 2,800 comments

shebaliking You guys would make a beautiful couple

xoxogoodlettgirl 😍😍😍

JUNE 20, 2026

There were more intimate moments too, when The King and Queen and their hosts viewed items showing the historic links between their two families, and there was a tea at Clarence House for the Royal couple, hosted by The Prince of Wales and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

879,799 likes

sussexroyal Happy Birthday to His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales #HappyBirthdayHRH

View all 978 comments

390,790 likes

theroyalfamily Wishing HRH The Prince of Wales a very Happy Birthday!‬ #HappyBirthdayHRH

View 999 comments

567,123 likes

kensingtonroyal Thank you everyone for your lovely messages on HRH The Prince of Wales' birthday! #HappyBirthdayHRH

View 1,000 comments

JUNE 21, 2026

On Day Two of the visit, The King attended a business forum with The Duke of York in the morning.

In the afternoon, both the King and Queen visited Westminster Abbey with The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Final farewells were said on the Friday morning at Buckingham Palace:

The Royal Family✔
@RoyalFamily

King Felipe and Queen Letizia will join @TheDukeOfYork at the Francis Crick Institute before returning to Spain. #SpainStateVisit 🇪🇸🇬🇧

❤️592 • 6:03 AM - Jun 22, 2026

💭160 people are talking about this>

"These past two days have been eventful." Isabel said, sitting across from Meghan, Duchess of Sussex.

"Honestly, I'm so glad you came, Isabel. It's been awhile since we've all gotten together." Meghan said.

"How's William doing?" Isabel asked, concerned for her friend.

Meghan sighed and placed her tea cup on the table.

"William, I must say has been good especially after the state he was in after Catherine's funeral. I know he's keeping it together for the kids. He really needs someone by his side, Isabel. Pa and Granny are already starting to look for potential wives for him." Meghan answered.

"A death of a spouse is always hard no matter how long it's been. I do not think William would like that his father and grandmother are trying to find him a new wife especially since it's only been five years since Catherine's death." Isabel said, shaking her head.

"A man can live alone without a woman. A woman can live alone without a man. Men and women can absolutely be single and alone. But a man having been both with and without a Queen, to live the fullest pinnacle of happiness, to have the riches of success and joy, a King must have a Queen by his side. A king can't be a king without the strength of his queen. I think that's what they want William to understand and why they want him to remarry, Isabel, whether he likes it or not." Meghan said.

"I just do not think he is ready." Isabel said.

"Are you saying this as a friend or as a woman who is in love and does not want to see him with someone else?" Meghan asked.

"Both." Isabel answered.

"Oh sweetie, will you ever have the courage to tell him how you feel?" Meghan asked.

"I may never tell him, Meghan." Isabel replied.