VII

"Eli, what are we?" Micah asked as the two boys walked towards his car.

"What do you mean?" Elias questioned.

"The two of us? What are we?"

Ever since Micah kissed Elias two weeks ago, they both have gotten a lot closer. They weren't dating, they didn't hold hands in public, but they shared little kisses whenever they were behind closed doors. They haven't gone too far either, just innocent kissing and cuddling. But Micah was slowly getting impatient.

He had wanted nothing but to make Elias officially his since the moment he laid eyes on him. He knew the boy wasn't ready for anything yet, but he could feel how hard it was for his wolf to stay in control. He was so excited after their first kiss, that he finally told his parents as well.

"Mom? Dad?" Micah called out as he knocked on his parents' office door.

"Yeah?" His mom replied. Both his parents were in the middle of a discussion, but he couldn't hold back anymore.

"I found my mate." Micah grinned.

"What? Oh my, finally! Who is she?" His mom asked, getting out of the chair to hug Micah. His father had a huge smile on his face too.

"He." Micah corrected.

"Aw! Who is he then? Do we know him?" His mom questioned.

"Is he from our pack?" His dad spoke out.

"He isn't," Micah's grin faded slightly, "That's the thing, uh, he's human."

"What?!"

After telling his parents everything from the very beginning. Micah waited impatiently for their reaction. The husband and wife were looking at each other with identical expressions, as if they were telepathically having a conversation.

"Son," His father paused, "I'm sure Luna had her reasons to pair you with the human boy. We'll accept him, I'm sure the pack will too, eventually. But you should wait before you tell the pack about him. Wait for the right time."

"Yeah, I wasn't planning on doing that anyway. I need to tell him about werewolves first, and then that he's my mate." Micah sighed.

"We still want to meet him though!" His mom smiled.

"I'll ask him to come over for dinner someday," Micah frowned before continuing, "What if he rejects me after I tell him the truth?"

"Oh sweetie.."

"What do you mean? We're friends." Elias furrowed his brows in confusion.

"Friends that kiss." Micah asked as Elias slightly paled.

"Yeah, I guess." Elias shrugged.

"Come on, Eli, you know I like you." Micah sighed.

"Micah," Elias stopped in his tracks as he looked at Micah with a serious expression on his face, "I know. I do know. Look, I don't want to lead you on. You know I'm not ready for anything serious right now. If you want.. If you want we can stop doing whatever it is that we're doing."

"No! No.. I understand where you're coming from, but it's just hard."

"I know. Look, I'm not in the mood to talk about all this," Elias bit his lower lip, "I'm going to take the bus home. I need some time alone."

Before Micah could say anything or stop him, he sprinted towards the buses and left. This frustrated Micah, every time he tried to have a serious talk about his feelings, the other boy changed the topic or simply walked away. He understood that Elias just got out of a relationship barely a month ago, but that doesn't mean he can disregard Micah's feelings.