Chapter 10 | Hearts & Bones

Iman's POV

He stopped the car with a sound of a screech that followed, coming from the tires and got out of his seat, rushing to get to my side. I don't get why he did this whenever his bipolarity started but it's even more weird that I feel like I'm used to it.

After opening my door, he carried me up and immediately, I wrapped my arms around his neck, afraid to fall. And if you were wondering why I wasn't kicking or screaming at the fact he was literally carrying me, bridal style, I really don't know. I just felt comfortable being around him compared to the other people in his house.

I can't even begin to imagine what would've happened if Hamdan was the one at the stairs instead of Zane....

"I need to see Doctor Amira"

"I'm sorry sir, you have to book appointments with her -"

"Follow me." 

We both look to the right to see a woman who seemed to be in her late forties, standing there and she turned for us to follow her. I made sure to look at the desk attendant before leaving and she looked very confused. 

I looked up to see the ceilings of the hospital and gasped from amazement. You could only afford this type of hospital if you were considered the top 10% of rich people in France. I wonder how this place is bustling with people. Then again, we're in Dubai. Everyone's considered wealthy here.

Soon, we walked through a door to enter a room with light brown accents that matched the gold decor on the wall and Zane gently placed me on the bed, helping me sit.

"Alright, who do we have here, Zane?"

"She's my fiance."

Her face lit up once he replied and looked at me. Then she looked back at Zane and asked, 

"What's wrong with her today."

"She couldn't move her leg and felt pain on it."

I'm assuming by how calm he is, this doctor had to be the Amira he was talking about. She looked back at me and asked me, 

"Which leg?"

"It's actually my foot." I tried moving my right foot but she got the hint and helped me place it up on the bed as it was hanging as I sat. She pulled up my dress a little, revealing my calf and I couldn't look at Zane in that moment.

I felt her massaging the bottom of my foot first but once she got around and got to a certain point, I hissed in pain and held onto the sheets of the bed to relieve it. 

"Hmm, how exactly did this happen?"

She looked up from my foot.

"I got startled and made the wrong move, going backwards on the stairs." I replied. 

Nodding, she attached a wire to my index finger by putting, what looked like a clip on it and on the monitor, I was able to hear my heartbeat. She looked at it before asking me, 

"Is there any chance that you're pregnant?"

I shook my head and looked at Zane to see him looking back at me. But then he walked over to the chair on my left side and ran his hand through his hair. He looked stressed which only made me feel bad for getting hurt. It was really my fault for making him come here in the middle of the night when he even probably slept late.

"Ok, well, we're going to take a quick X-ray of your foot and then I can tell you what went wrong from there, ok?"

"Thank you." I replied.