Chapter 20 | A Couple Hours

Iman's POV

"Child, you've been pacing back and forth for ten minutes!" I heard my mother exclaim. "My head is dizzy just by looking at you!"

But, in all honesty, I was going crazy. The wedding was only a couple hours away. 15 hours away to be exact and when I get anxious or I'm stressed out like this, I pace around, picking up anything I can find and cleaning the whole place like someone is about to walk through the door and discover a mess when really, there wasn't one. 

"If you're going to keep this up, go out and come back when you've calmed yourself." My mother ordered and I paused and looked at her.

"Are you being serious Mama?"

"Im as serious as the fact that I'm your mother!"

"Are you sure about that too?" 

Just then, she grabbed a pillow and I ran for my life, laughing at how she missed and walked upstairs. I should really go out and enjoy my last few moments of being a single, independent woman and how I didn't have to worry about a significant other before he came into my life. 

Just then, speak of the devil, I received a text from him:

I'm outside your house, come out.

I scoffed and put my phone into the purse that I was going to wear today and didn't even respond. The other day, we had gotten into an argument so I wasn't in the mood of seeing him or speaking to him. Even texting him.

Once I was done preparing, I made sure to grab my purse and took out my phone before going downstairs to leave. I was making my way over to the garage until I realized I parked the car up at the front which is where we all know who is....

Ugh, why do I do this to myself?

After mustering up the courage and making a plan to completely ignore him upon opening the door, I shifted the handle and pulled it down to open it. I only looked up for a second to get a glimpse of exactly where he was and I saw him leaning on the side of his car then quickly looked back down. 

Ignoring him and avoiding eye contact, I walked to my car and turned it on with the keys. Just when I thought I was getting away with this brilliant plan of mine, he closed the door and I look up to see him towering over me with an annoyed expression.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"Your attention." he snapped back.

"Well, I don't even want to talk to you so you can go back to wherever you came from."

I rolled my eyes and opened the door again. In the back of my head, I was thinking, he's definitely going to close the door again but surprisingly he just let me go into my car.

I grew suspicious but I chose to ignore it and started my car. As I was backing up and finally got out of the driveway and through the gate, I looked at my rear view mirror and reacted.

"Oh my God! This is why he didn't do anything earlier because he's going to follow me now!"

I literally spoke to myself. There was no one else in this car besides Zaynab's little teddy bear that she left in here the day I took her shopping.

So, as I kept driving to my destination, I played a little game of 'try and escape from Zane' by cutting a few cars and trying any shortcuts possible.

But, who was I competing against? A prince of Dubai. So, I didn't get away with it as I saw his car parked just beside mine in the parking lot once I got out.

Completely ignoring him, I continued to walk into the gallery and paid for my admission. In my head, I pictured my personal space without Zane which was how I walked in to the first exhibit and started admiring each and every piece I walked by.