Chapter 10

I woke up in a panic, gasping for air.

Not recognizing my surroundings due to post-depression nap confusion, I summoned a small knife and held it in front of me.

The man next to me raised his eyebrows. "Really? I thought we did this already."

The events came rushing back to me all at once. Alpha Cain held out his hand expectantly.

I scowled and handed over my knife to him. It's not like I was short on weapons.

He inspected the blade, and then the hilt. He grunted in approval. "Very sturdy, and extremely sharp. Not bad. Can you summon other weapons, or are you just a one trick pony?"

I didn't make an effort to respond to his question. The less he knew about me, the easier it would be for me to escape.

I wondered what his Gift was. Being such a powerful Alpha, he probably had a really strong offensive power.

As I was long in my own thoughts, he grabbed my chin and jerked it up to look at him. "When I ask you a question, I expect you to answer it. Even if you can't speak, you can still nod or otherwise communicate."

Once again, I spat in his face. I guess I really am a one trick pony.

Immediately, he slapped me across the face. It wasn't the worst hit I had ever taken, but he certainly did not make it gentle.

"The next time you disrespect me, I will do a lot worse than a slap. I don't care if you're a female or if you're my mate. I'm the Alpha here, and I will beat you into submission." His grip on my chin tightened, and for the second time since I met him, I really thought he would break my jaw.

I didn't nod or show him my neck in submission. Luckily, we pulled up in front of a large house. House didn't even begin to describe the enormous mansion in front of me.

I must have been sleeping when we got through the pack's borders. Fuck. I should have stayed awake so I could have seen the layout of his pack land. Escaping would be a little bit more difficult since I had never been on his territory before.

Alpha Cain withdrew his hand from my chin. "We're home." I didn't miss the intentional emphasis he put on the word "home".

I rolled my eyes, and went to open my side of the car door. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me to his side of the car. "You don't walk outside of the pack house on your own. I will carry you anytime you step foot outside of the pack house. No Luna has walked herself outside since my pack was developed." I opened my mouth in shock. I wasn't even allowed to walk outside? What kind of fucked up nonsense is this?

I was okay with him slapping me, I spat on him knowing he would punish me in some way. It was in an Alpha's nature to be dominant and punish any signs of disobedience. But not even letting me walk myself? That is a new level of controlling.

Alpha Cain stepped out of the car and took me out, cradling me like a baby. Being held this way by him was getting to be seriously embarrassing. I have killed hundreds of wolves, and here I was being treated like a porcelain doll. That is, if porcelain dolls get slapped somewhat hard.

He must have picked up on my disgust and confusion at being carried, because he explained further. "It is seen as weak for an Alpha to let his Luna walk herself. Carrying his Luna demonstrates respect for her-" I snorted at the word respect. How is stealing me from my pack and taking away my person liberties respectful?