Epilogue

"Oof," Axel grunted as I kicked my foot into his ribs. When would he learn to guard them?

And that, dear pups, is why we always make sure to  guard our torso. If you get stricken there, you'll be handicapped the most. Watch how easily I can take him down now that I've shattered half of his ribs, I instructed the attentive pups via mindlink, who stared at me with wide, fascinated eyes. Kids' fascination with violence was extremely concerning but also kind of admirable and definitely hilarious.

"Wait wha-" Axel's eyes slightly widened as he knew what was coming next.

I jumped up and kicked Axel in midair, hitting him squarely in the chest. "Oof" He grunted again, and the little pups laughed as he collapsed to the ground. I put my foot on Axel's stomach as I addressed the little warriors in training.

Everyone grab a partner and spar with them. You can break bones, but for the love of God, please don't tell Alpha Cain I said that, I told them. 

"Something tells me he already knows," The deep voice I had woken up and fallen asleep to every day resounded loudly from behind me.

I turned around, taking my foot off of Axel, who grumbled and got up off of the ground, mumbling something about how I cheated.

Hey, babe, I mindlinked Cain, flashing him a dazzling smile.

"Hey babe and an innocent smile? You've been spending too much time with Gwendolyn," Cain rolled his eyes at me, but he smiled playfully, and his tone was light.

I jumped into his arms, and tackled him so that he was laying flat on the training mat. Ever since we completed the Mating Ceremony a month ago, and two months after the whole Wilson incident, I had received large quantities of strength. Cain speculated  that the Blood Ceremony had activated some of my Alpha abilities and strengths.

Cain laughed at my playfulness, but made no attempt to stop my assault. I leaned over him to kiss him, and we did for a brief moment before "ewwwwws" from the pups resounded around us, making us chuckle.

I got off of Cain, and he stood up next to me, brushing the residual dirt from the mat off of him. Together, we watched the pups sparring.

A lot had changed since the kidnapping. Cain let me help Axel train the warriors, children, and even let me teach the women of Blood Lake to fight, which I knew broke an age old tradition. Cain didn't seem to mind though, he was in the business of pleasing me as of late.

When Gwen found out what Jax had done, I was worried that she would beg us to spare his life. However, she reached into her back pocket, withdrew a knife, and sent it straight into his throat. Blood had squirted all over her in response, but she didn't seem to mind. She said that she was glad he had already broken the bond, because she didn't feel any pain from his death.

Thane took it upon himself to search for Wilson, since Cain had made the oath to the Moon Goddess that he wouldn't look for him.

I had new scars that Wilson inflicted, but I had never felt so whole. I had a mate, friends, and a pack that had become a family to me. It would have to do, since I could never have an actual family of my own.

As always, Cain sensed my distress and guessed the source.

He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind me. He kissed the top of my head.

"It's okay, pup. It'll all be okay," He reassured me.

Tears glossed over my eyes as I smiled sadly at the pups playfully throwing punches and kicks.

It'll have to be.

END OF BOOK 1 OF THE GIFT CHRONICLES

BOOK 2: ONYX IS NOW PUBLISHED. GO HEAD ON OVER, READ THE INTRODUCTION, AND ADD IT TO YOUR LIBRARY SO YOU GET NOTIFICATIONS FOR FUTURE UPDATES

IF ANYONE HAS ANY CLARIFYING QUESTIONS, LEAVE THEM RIGHT HERE AND I'LL ANSWER AS BEST I CAN.

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING MY CRAZY FIRST ATTEMPT AT A BOOK. YOU'RE THE BEST. TAKE CARE.

XX

VVITICUS