eighteen.

REAGAN WOKE UP with her head on Dave's chest, a thorough shock to her as she usually preferred to sleep untouched and unbothered. She raised her head, blinking the dreaminess out of her eyes and adjusting to her surroundings. Only a pale morning light lit the room, barely visible through Dave's closed blinds.

She looked down at him, her face still pinched from the sleep that she was trying to shake off. Dave was completely knocked out, his head lolling to one side of his pillow and his arm limply draped around Reagan's shoulders. He looked peaceful, his mouth slightly open and his hair splayed out messily around him.

Reagan fought a smile as she recalled waking up to his hair on her pillow in the middle of the night and awkwardly enough, halfway in her mouth — that had certainly been a new experience. She'd never been with a guy whose hair was longer than her own.

Reagan sat up, carefully sliding out from beneath Dave's embrace. She did a swift recount of the events that had occurred only hours prior, from the time she and Dave had arrived back to the apartment until that very moment. Predictably, they'd had sex again. That was three times now. She pressed her lips together bashfully and glanced down at him again. She hardly blamed herself for wanting him so badly when he was so good in bed.

They hadn't seen Kurt when they'd returned from the music store and Reagan wondered if he even knew that she'd spent the night. Dave had promised that she was not being rude, but Reagan was worried after what Dave had said about Kurt's strange behavior. She didn't want to upset him by being there.

Reagan gently rose up from Dave's mattress and took off his Scream shirt, folding it neatly and placing it at the foot of his bed. He'd said that she could keep it, but a part of her still held fast to the hope that she and Dave would not progress their relationship in anyway. She feared that stealing his clothes would only serve as a building block for something morr. It was the kind of thing that only boyfriends and girlfriends did.

Of course, there were other things that Reagan overlooked when it came to where her and Dave's relationship was headed. She neglected to consider that spending the night with him and kissing him repeatedly was a sure sign that they were more than what she'd planned on them being.

Avoidance is key, Reagan grumbled to herself as she located Kate's purple top. If she was going to satisfy her newfound need for Dave, then she was going to have to ignore some of the obvious aspects that made it everything she promised it would not be.

After she was dressed, she stole one last look at Dave, still sleeping cozily in bed. She felt bad knowing that he would wake up alone, but she had to go home and get her Wilson's vest. It would be too much of a bother to go in without it.

Reagan closed Dave's door silently and crept into the living room, taking slow, measured steps across the carpeted floor. She winced when she saw Kurt sitting on the couch, watching television at a low volume. He looked up at her indifferently, though there was a certain hardness behind his clear blue eyes.

"Hello Reagan," he said politely. He turned his attention right back to his morning cartoons. An empty cereal bowl sat in front of him.

"Hey Kurt," Reagan mumbled. She didn't have time for his surliness, having finally noticed it after Dave's previous remark. It would be better anyways to address at a later date.

The drive back to her house went by quick, most likely due to Reagan's speeding. She distracted herself as she drove, trying not to think about Dave and everything that had ensued between them the night before. It was difficult to shove away the idea that maybe, it should have been the final time that she ever saw him. At least she would be able to end things sooner rather than later.