[2: kumbaya with the aliens]

[reader pov]
[one month ago]
20 August 2019

"I'm fucked. I'm utterly, absolutely fucked," a regretful Park Jimin mumbled hiding behind a pillar in the dark, empty room. "Just because nobody else shows up doesn't mean you should've still gone in by yourself anyways. Good job, Park. You've really done it this time. Maybe if you survive this, you can throw yourself a party and sing kumbaya with the aliens—"

"Are you done talking to yourself? Or do I have to cut you off?" a taller man asked sarcastically, nearly scaring the life out of poor Jimin.

"Oh my god, I, who... are you one of the staff members? Please don't kill me I'm not here to steal or do any bad things!"

"Unless you consider breaking into a top secret government base to investigate rumors without permission as bad," he joked through his fear.

Jimin was practically sweating bullets as he tried to put on an innocent face, but the man didn't seem too amused.

"Calm down, I'm not exactly supposed to be here either..." the man replied smiling awkwardly. "You're not an alien right?"

"No! Of course not, do a look like an alien to you?"

"Hey, I was just asking!" The man crossed his arms. "So, why are you here?"

"I guess I got the date for the raid wrong," Jimin replied pouting. "You know, that one where we see if the government is actually hiding aliens here. I got the month wrong, and I'm assuming that's why you're here too."

Just then, an actual security guard stepped into the room. He probably had the body mass of both men combined, and that sent a cold chill into each of their spines.

"We need an escape plan," Jimin whispered to the elder. "I'm gonna toss my coin pouch to the other side of the room. This pillar is kind of like our safe zone, but all those boxes between us and that door? They're either gonna be a pain in the ass or the things that save us."

Nodding proudly at their... solid plan, they waited for the guard to turn around before fully standing and getting ready to release the decoy. Jimin reached into his pocket ever so carefully, and put his hand over the bag.

Silently.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

With all the power his one brain cell could muster, he grabbed at the bag. Despite his effort to be as quiet as possible, the bag inevitably made a clinking sound. Unlike with most protagonists, the guard saw them instantly and fumbled for his radio.

"Ugh, just give me this," the mysterious man said snatching the coin bag from the panicking boy's smaller ones. He grabbed a handful of change and chucked it at the guard's face making him drop the radio and grab at his eyes. "Now run!"

The two stumbled through the sea of boxes with adrenaline rushing through their veins.

Yup. Definitely a pain in the ass.

When their almost comical chase through the damned sea of boxes reached its climax, escape was almost certain for the two trespassers.

...Until they opened the supposed "exit" door and stumbled their way into Dead End ft. Guard.

☆彡

Groaning, the man regained consciousness and squinted as the lightbulb directly in front of his face paid him no sympathy.