Muse of Nightmares

Just wanted to say. Any of you guys listen to the music of these chapters? I usually put what inspired me to write them.

Song: Hanging By a Moment by Lifehouse

Nicole

"Stop!" I kept screaming at him.

"You don't know shit." He kept approaching me and I closed the door to my bedroom.

I was "home".

Back in the cottage that I was raised in.

Everything was still intact and just as I left it

No regrets leaving this shit hole.

He kept trying to open my bedroom.

So, my dad doesn't have the best temper when he is high or doing his weird drugs.

I just told him that I was leaving the house.

That I was taking my shit and just leaving them because they never cared about me.

"Nicole lets talk about this!" His slamming the door with his fist so hard it's scaring me.

"You don't even have enough money for the gas" he says, and boy is he wrong.

I've been saving money for years.

They've been pissed at me their entire life.

Two hippies that apparently didn't want children, but mom got prego anyways.

They tossed me around like a sack of potatoes.

Leaving me with my aunt just so they could go off and do whatever they wanted.

That's why the night of the Cult massacre I was there alone with my aunt.

Sheriff Nedley found me, thankfully. But my aunt and all the other people that were there are dead.

That night I decided that I wanted to be a sheriff.

But not at any place.

I wanted to be a sheriff at Purgatory.

My parents were pissed.

Sooo pissed.

They didn't want a nasty cop storming down on their drugs.

They had money because they were both smart ass professors at some university close to here.

That's why they were pissed that I wanted to be a cop.