Keep Calm And Carry On

That night we flew out to apprehend an insurgent. Two Section seemed pleased that I was in charge, I guess they associated me with Ben. We landed and went into a compound. We waited out for the Talib to appear.

Suddenly, my contact radio started buzzing.

"Lieutenant James?" Ben's voice shouted but seemed strained.

"Who's idea of a fucking sick joke is this?" Kinders sighed.

"Lieutenant James!" Ben shouted again.

"Captain James, sir." I responded.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU FUCKING DOING? WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU PUT YOURSELF IN FUCKING DANGER? WHAT'S FUCKING WRONG WITH YOU?"

"Ben?"

"GET ON THE FUCKING HELICOPTER AND GET FUCKING BACK HERE!"

I still couldn't quite believe he was on the other end of the radio.

"Oh you try and tell her Molly! She won't listen to me but I will not get any more treatment until I have her here safe!" My brother said and it sounded like he was crying.

"Don't be a fucking idiot, Ben!" I raged. "I will be fine and I will be by your side tonight, I swear!"

*****

Molly's POV

"Tell her I promised Mum we'd go home together or not at all!" Captain James ordered, wincing as he got more and more agitated.

"Ben! I am only on this mission because of that promise! I thought you were gonna fucking die!" Philippa shouted down the radio.