20

Me and Lucky sat on the couch, watching TV together. She was on my lap. We were both watching peacefully.

I heard loud footsteps running down the stairs. Then someone jumped on the couch beside me. I frowned at the lack of manners of my brother Ishan had.

"Do not do that" I warned.

"Loosen up a bit lil sis," Ishan shrugged and lazily pulled his legs up on the couch sitting in a cosy position. I swear he had never even heard of manners.

I heard a fit of giggle. I looked down and smirked at Luck trying to hide her laughter. Her hands clasped over her mouth.

"You can laugh" I chuckled.

She looked up and putting her hands down, bursting out laughing

"C'mon here," Ishan picked Lucky from my lap to his, laughing  "little munchkin," she giggled a little more before cuddling in Ishan's arms.

After a few minutes of silence, Ishan spoke up, "so, what did you decide? Are you gonna come tomorrow with us or not?"

"I don't know," I muttered.

"It'll be a nice little break," he added.

"I know," I said quietly.

"Does dad says no?" He guessed

"N-No," I said quickly. "he said I can go,"

"Then what's the problem?" He paused thinking, his eyes widened as if he realised something, "do you not trust us with your safety?" his eyes flashing hurt.

I looked at him frowning, "w-why would you say that?"

"Because you're always scared of us.. maybe were..." He muttered the last part shrugging.

"I don't think I'm scared of anyone," I chuckled  "I just am not sure if going with you all alone would be a good idea,"

"Which means you don't trust us," he replied quickly.

"Its-its not like that," I denied.

I didn't know why I was hesitating. A part of me said that I should trust them but another said I shouldn't. Dad gave me permission to go with them last night, but I'm still confused if I should really go.

"My daughter is not going anywhere alone," came dad's voice stomping downstairs.

I cought Ishan rolled his eyes dropping his head on the couch

I raised an eyebrow. Didn't he said I can go if I want to, like a night ago? Dad came and sat one of the two sofas beside the couch.

"Me and her mother will also join her,"

Ohh

"What!" Ishan yelled, but he was happy. Then we heard a small, soft whine. It was Lucky. I realised she was quite the whole time, which was because she fell asleep on Ishan's lap, cuddled up. "Sorry, baby," Ishan whispered stroking some hairs off her face

"Well.." Ishan said in a low voice. "thats great, you're so so welcomed pappa," his voice was genuine.

"Hey," Venky said also coming downstairs. A bag of suitcase in his hands

"You already getting packed?" Ishan asked.

"Yes," Venky replied as he kept the bag beside the front door, "tomorrow morning, we're leaving at 6:30am,"

"Dad's also coming," Ishan said.

Venky's eyes smiled, "you're welcomed dad,"

"I'm gonna pay for me, my wife and mg daughter," he said sternly. "the only reason I'll be coming is because my daughter wants to go and I don't trust your bastards with her,"