27

I pressed my back against the sky blue hospital wall

I pressed my back against the sky blue hospital wall. Ishan was close by me, holding my hand giving me some support.

I couldn't stop sniffling and so could Ishan. We were the youngest and definitely the most emotional ones. I could see Venky sitting on the metal seat with his hands cupped against his mouth and nose, his elbows rested on his knees. His expressions were stiff.

Mom was sitting beside Venky. Both of them giving eachother support and reassurance. Robbie and Rayan sat next to each other. The twins had similar worried expressions in their eyes.

Suddenly someone came running into the lobby. I immediately identified him as Ashton.His eyes met mine. He wasted no time and pulled me in a tight hug.

"Fucking shit! You're okay" I heard him mutter.

"Ash, I'm fine," I said to him. Confused because clearly I wasn't the one who was hurt here.

Ashton dipped his head into my hairs, "he fucking told me something happened to you," he sounded low and sad.

I pulled apart from his arms "um...what?" I asked

I'd realised that his hairs were on his forehead dangling lazily. He was in a white plane t-shirt and grey sweatpants.

His pissed eyes travelled across the room and stopped at a person. He jumped up to lung at the person but Venky stopped him by holding the neck of his t-shirt.

"Ashton, calm down," Venky's voice was cold and stern.

"How the hell could you call me and say that something has happened to my fucking girlfriend," Ashton yelled frustrated, looking at Rayan who seamed angry, confused and tired.

Robbie stood up and put a hand on Ash's shoulder, "hey, calm down. I think there's some misunderstanding,"

"Nice misunderstandings to create," Ashton's eyes bored into Rayan's.

Rayan rolled his eyes, "look kid, I was half asleep and disoriented 'cs of the stress and confusion, okay? It was a mistake. Chill out."

Ashton closed his eyes and opened them just to look at me and pull me at the corner to talk. The rest went back to what they were doing before.

"Are you okay?" Ashton asked me. Cupping the back of my head. I nodded.

"Dad isn't," I told him. "his car was hit by another car who had lost its control over its wheels,"

He half nodded.

"The other guy couldn't survive Ash, I'm scared. I don't want to loose my dad," by now I had fresh tears in both my eyes.

He licked his lips and spoke, "you're not going to loose anyone Aana. Everything is going to be just fine"

"But-"