chapter 19

Venus woke up to the sun glinting through the windows, lazily she opened one eye while yawning and rubbing the other, stretching lightly, she felt like she had been ran over by a truck.

Just then there was a knock on the door and the packhouse cook, Elsa, a wonderful lady in her 50s, peeked through the door and smiled warmly at Venus.

"Good morning darling, how are you feeling?" She asked, patting Venus's cheek in a motherly way.

"I'm good Elsa thank you," Venus said smiling.

"Well darling go freshen up and get ready, I've cooked breakfast for you, come down then before it gets cold," Elsa said.

"Wheres Dante?" Venus asked

"Oh the alpha had some meetings to attend to, he told me to make you breakfast and make sure you have it to fix your disposition from last night," Elsa said, walking out of the room.

Venus then freshened up and wore blue shorts and a soft colored yellow tee.

She then had her breakfast and went to grab a book to read, as she sat in the living room with a warm mug of green tea.

Feeling a little sad she wasn't able to see Dante in the morning, and she also felt an incoming headache, which she ignored and went back to reading her book.

"No how is that possible?" Dante asked as he stood in the pack meeting room with the elders and the pack doctor, his forearms braced on the large mahogany table.

"Your lycan, alpha, its powerful, its call is potent as it is and then a call to its own mate would be like a sirens calling, her wolf surfaced last night, and we've only seen one case like this before and it was a myth heard, read in books," the elder said.

"Alpha I don't think-"

"What was in the books," Dante demanded through clenched teeth.

"Your lycans calling, to her wolf, we don't think shes healed enough to withstand the sudden overtake of her wolf back on her, 

last night as you said she remembered, that means her wolf surfaced, now your lycans calling is stronger to her wolf and where ever she is, she's going to come running, 

her presence would be like a tidal wave crashing on venus, I don't think she can take the sudden burden of her wolf's reappearance, especially that shes not entirely healed alpha," the pack doctor said.

"What's the worst that could happen?" Knox asked darkly, looking at the pack doctor, who gulped audibly and pulled at the collar of his shirt.

"You see beta Knox it-"

"Spit it out," Gabriel growled impatiently.

"It could kill her," the pack doctor let out in a choked voice.

And the heavy tense silence that filled the room afterward was deafening.

"How long?" Dante asked through clenched teeth, the irises of both eyes darkening with rage.

"How long before what?" The elders asked.

"How long before her wolf comes back?" Dante growled, slamming his fists against the table making even the strongest of warriors leap with fear.

"That's the thing alpha, it could be any time, once shes surfaced we never know when her wolf will be back, it could be today or tomorrow, maybe even a year from now," the pack doctor said.