Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven
~Liam's POV~

I woke up to Jayden jumping on me, screaming about breakfast. I groaned and rolled out of bed. I grabbed my phone and headed to the bathroom. Sending a good morning text to Michael I brushed my teeth and then headed to the kitchen. I looked at the note left on the fridge by mom asking me to make something for Jayden as she had left earlier.

“Pancakes or waffles?” I asked as Jayden trailed into the kitchen.

“Waffles!” He responded.

After we had breakfast Michael came over and we all watched some movies together. Jayden was excited to see Michael again and that made me smile. I was glad that Jayden and Michael got along so well. It was relieving. I've brought plenty of people home that Jayden didn't really like but unfortunately, I had to stay with them for show. For my 'job'. Or really, I guess I should say, my services. Because I wasn't really paid to do this. Although, I've had some people insist on giving me money for … extra, things. I didn't particularly like doing that or accepting the money but I did what I had to do.

Now that I thought about it, I’ve done a couple of shady things in the past few years that I didn't really like to think about. And it kind of makes me understand Michael's feelings a lot better. He's been dealing with Zack for three years and all the heartbreak that came with that. On top of it, he was being controlled by his over sensitive body and there was nothing he could do about it.

I instinctively tightened my grip around Michael waist and buried my head in his hair. It sounded a lot worse than what it was in my head. But just thinking about the way Zack used to treat people – especially Michael and Dylan – made me angry. But Michael was mine now and that's all that mattered.

Mom came home around six and me and Michael headed out to the movie theater.

“What do you wanna see?” I asked Michael. His hand laced through mine.

“Maze Runner!” He said excitedly.

I laughed and paid for the tickets which Michael whined that I didn't always have to pay for stuff. And I responded with only a small laugh and then told him he could buy the popcorn. We finally got to our seats and sat down. The seats weren't as full as probably a week ago but there was still quiet a few people. We grabbed the top seats and thankfully, only five other people were sitting up here. Micheal lifted up the armrest between us and leaned his head on my shoulder. I looked down at him and smiled. He smiled back up at me and gave me a quick kiss.

After the movies we headed to Baskin-Robbins. Michael got World Class Chocolate and I got Icing on the Cake. We had our ice cream and reviewed the movie. We talked about Michael's days with Veronica and Sean – her boyfriends name was. Although, Michael seemed slightly uncomfortable talking about Sean so we left it alone. I wanted to ask more, but at the same time I really didn't want to know. I just hoped that it was because they didn't get along verses something else.

I mean, if it was something else -  something really bad - Michael would tell me. Wouldn't he? I know that I don't have to know everything he does behind close doors or with his friends. But if he was around someone that he didn't agree with or felt uncomfortable with to the degree of it making him spend less time with friends he would say something. He was just that type of guy. He almost always said what was on his mind.

Minus the issues such as Zack and his feelings. Something that I didn't particularly like. But I understood that there are things people don't like to talk about or dig up. And I respected Michael space but I know when somethings up. And it kind of made me feel bad for not asking. As we walked out of the shop and down towards my car, Michael stopped. I turned around to look at him with a questioning look.

“Hey Liam..?”

“Yeah?” I asked.

“Why do you like me?” His voice was barely above a whisper. He wasn't looking at me but I could hear it in his voice. His worry and sadness. And all I could think of is why now? Out of all the times he could chose to doubt me, why now? Why so suddenly? I internally sighed and felt that bad  feeling for not asking questions again.

I closed the five feet between us and grabbed Michael's face. He looked at me with such sad eyes that it made me want to cry. “Because you're intelligent. And you’re funny. And you have a bit of an attitude. And you’re mature. And kind. And sassy, and sweet. And because you’re you. And because I don't like you, I love you. You're just perfect for me, Michael.” I said pulling him closer to me. I leaned down to kiss him and I felt his tears before they came.

Pulling him by the arm, I unlocked the car and put him in the backseat before climbing back there with him. As soon as I closed the door, Michael was in my arms trying not to cry when he already was. I wrapped my arms tightly around him and let him cry.

“B-but I'm not... I c-can't...” Michael sobbed out quietly. His hands clenching in my shirt. “I don't deserve you.”

I lifted up Michael's head carefully and wiped away his tears. I genially kissed him. Slowly, intimately. And with every once of passion I could gather. I didn't want Michael to ever feel like this. But he's been doing this a lot recently. This doubting himself and us. I mean, he's always done it. Even before we really started this relationship. We would always get close and then Michael would pull away. And I don't know why. But this was the first time he ever really spoke about it. The first time he actually let me see him feel like this. And there's nothing that I can do to stop it from happening.

And I feel helplessly lost. Because for once in my life, I don't know what to do. I can't do anything about the boy I love, crying.

A/N: Short, I know. But I'm trying. And honestly - Liam's Chapters are fluff for right now >.< Mostly because the main problems haven't happened yet. But anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this and yeah~ This would have been up earlier but we had guess and I needed to add somethings and "proof read" (There's probably still some mistakes in there). Picture is of Liam <3