Fight

A/n
Lol I am in a love hate relationship with half of you all because of that last cliffhanger. I just could not resist. Enjoy y'all.

An arrow was shot through the air. Isabella's eyes shot open at a thump and she glanced up to see an arrow through the forehead of the refugee and then glanced over at the crown. The crown, dangling right above Baldwin's head, was snatched out of the grasp of the pale clergyman. Baldwin, staring into the distance with a glare, yelled in outrage and called out, "Refugees!" At the echo of his voice, carriages rode from the West, quickly approaching.

Isabella fell back still bound, just barely avoiding being crushed by the heavy form of the deceased refugee. She shuddered at his splattered blood, swallowed a lump in her throat and looked in the direction the arrow was shot from.

There her father and Charles stood, on top of the royal Jarian carriage, identical bows in hand. At the sight of the approaching carriage people began to scatter leaving a group of confused Gardian knights.

"Whooooooa there, Will we still got it!" Charles clapped William on the back, laughing and aiming his bow West at approaching carriages. William just smirked and handed the bow over to Edwin and turned toward Isabella.

"Isabella, honey." She saw him grin, "Fight!" At that word, all hell broke loose. She grinned and sprang into action, immediately attempting free herself. At her cry of frustration, she was grabbed roughly from behind. With a yell, she sent her head back and was satisfied with the crunch she heard. Turning, she saw it was the knight who wanted her position. Isabella smiled and taunted, "You have a little..." She nodded toward his body face, and wiggled, wishing her arms were free. The lad picked up the sword the dead refugee had and charged. Isabella could not dodge with her arms bound so she ducked to sweep his feet also falling over. She tried rolling out of his reach, but he grabbed her ankle with his vice grip and lifted the sword to slice at her calf when his wrist was grabbed by Aiden.

Aiden gripped his wrist and caused him to drop the sword before breaking his hand. The lad's scream rang out and was cut off by Aiden's slicing of his neck. Aiden, wiping blood off of his hands, glanced over to Isabella who was trying to prop herself up with bound hands. He helped her up and used the sword to cut her bindings off. "Thank you." She said rubbing her sore wrists.

He quickly hugged her, "When we survive this, I will kill you for almost allowing yourself to be killed!"

Isabella winced and rubbed her intact neck, "When we survive this, I will allow you to. For now I am going after Baldwin." Isabella noticed Charles' and Edwin's firing of arrows Westward and saw the Gardian knights doing nothing. She whistled at them and yelled, "You stood behind a man who was ready have refugees take over and slaughter you all. Now, you do nothing as they approach intending to kill. Where is your honor? If you choose not to fight with me, then fight for Gardia!" She noticed extra carriages a lined behind the royal Jarian carriage.

Aiden clapped. "Now we are getting somewhere! Ay men! Positions!" He shouted as they exited their carriages, he hopped off of the platform and ran to lead his men, not without sending Isabella a passing wink.

Isabella smiled slightly and continued, "I am sure you all have many questions and doubts but I've never led you astray before. You will fight alongside Jarian knights who are willing to fight beside me against those oppressors... Will you--" Isabella was cut off by an arrow whisking past her face and slicing her cheek. The archer was perched on top of his carriage hurriedly attempting to reload his weapon. Isabella shouted in outrage both at herself and the shooter. Making mistakes that could cost me my life. She thought angrily wiping at the blood on her cheek. "Edwin!" She shouted. She was satisfied to see a Jarian Knight take the refugee out. She hopped off of the platform into the middle of the disarray as more refugee carriages arrived. She dodged swords and sent jabs. I could really use my sword right about now. She thought looking around for Baldwin.