Eight

MEDIA :

MEDIA :

Hadleigh banner!

Eight

Hazlynn's POV

      I felt like I was falling.

And then I suddenly landed on a bed of grass; hard. I winced at the slight pain and sat up slowly, examining my surroundings to see if they struck a memory or something. All around me were trees. I didn't recognise this place.

I looked around, trying to see if there was anyone so I could go back to Darius.

I wasn't dead, right?

I hoped I wasn't, and I hoped that I wasn't at the stage right in between life and death. I was pretty sure that I would choose life, even though the prospect of heaven sounded like a pretty good idea.

But life was more tempting, Darius and my siblings were there.

I stood up and called out. "Hello?"

No one answered me. All I heard was the chirping of birds around the forest. I frowned, what was I doing here?

I heard a twig snap and turned to face the person. I gasped.

"Hello Hazlynn." my mum greeted me with a soft smile on her face.

I ran towards her and found myself being able to put my arms around her. "You're real?"

"Yes." she smiled at my shocked expression. I was not expecting her to be solid. "So is your dad."

I pulled back from her with tears falling down onto my cheeks. "Where is he?"

"Right here, pookie bear."

I turned to the direction of the voice and cried when I saw my dad standing right in front of me, alive and well. "Daddy!" I flung my arms around his neck and sobbed into his shoulder.

He chuckled as he patted my back. I had always been more of a daddy's girl so I was immensely relieved to see my dad was okay. "Where are we?" I asked both of them once I pulled away from my dad.

"You're in a dream. Our dream, in fact." my dad told me.

"Your dream? Both of you?" I looked at them. They nodded. "You share dreams- ew!" I cried out.

My parents laughed at my sudden realisation. "Hey, it's not our fault. You budged into our dream." my mum looked at my dad as she said that. I felt like I was intruding as they shared a loving look among them.

Why can't Darius and I be like that?

I sighed and shook that thought away. I would deal with him once I wake up from this dream, I suppose. "Where are you guys now? Are you safe?"