{twenty-four}

Aria's POV

Aria's POV

It's been 2 months without Damon, it's harder than I could've ever imagined. I've gotten into a routine without him, I'm not crying every night. But I'm still not used to waking up by myself, doing my royal duties without him, and going to royal meetings without him. Yesterday I went to my doctors appointment for the baby, it was weird not having him next to me. He promised to FaceTime me during the ultrasound but a fight had begun before he had the chance to tell me.

The war against my mother and her army was ongoing. Two days after Damon arrived in Spain, they attacked my mother's base. Both armies were very strong, a fight would begin and then my mother's army would run back and hide until they start another fight. Daniel and I have a nightly meeting call with Damon, updating us on everything. That's where we're headed right now. Daniel was supposed to keep me safe while the war went on, since both my mate and personal body guard were elsewhere. I've become closer to him and Claire since Damon's been gone. They would let me sleep in their Beta suite whenever the large Royal Suite was too much by myself. I was so grateful to have such thoughtful friends to keep me company during this time.

"How was your ultrasound?" Daniel asks, as we walk side by side.

"Good.." I said, I had gotten some news from the doctor. I was pregnant with twins, I should be excited but I couldn't help but want Damon to be here to share the news with him.

"Was Damon able to call you?" He asks, we turn a corner and see a few guards walking by. I wait for the guards to be out of earshot before I answer.

"No, a fight had begun before he could call me." I say, feeling my mood plummet to the ground.

"Is the baby doing good?" He asks, I could tell he was trying to keep a conversation.

"Yeah, the doctor said that the babies are perfectly healthy." I reply.

"Wait, babies? Plural? Two?" He exclaims, stopping dead in his tracks.

"Oh no, you weren't supposed to know that, how did I let that slip?!" I groan, I wanted Damon to be the first to know.

"Does Damon know?" He asks, continuing to walk.

"No, I found out today and haven't been able to call him yet." I say as we reach the conference room.

"I'll keep it quite but I'm not sure I can keep it away from Claire." He jokes, taking his seat across from me.

"I understand, I might come over after I talk to Damon." I say, dialing the number we were given to our base.

"You're always welcome." He smiles at me.

"Hello?" I hear the static noise from the phone.

"Hello, This is Queen Aria and Royal Beta Daniel." I say, putting a strong tone through my voice.

"I'll transfer you to the King." The man says. Every day it was different person who picked up the phone, Damon said it was whoever was closest.

"Aria? Daniel?" I hear my mates voice say, out of breath.