Chapter 43 - Birthday like never before

Birthday! Birthday is one of the happiest days in the lives of many but it was different for me. In fact, my birthday was one of the days I wish I could erase in my life. The others were my graduation day, the day mum died and the day I found James cheating. If I had my ways, l would have deleted these three days... But well, I don't. So I have gotten away to live with it.

Talking about James, I realized it didn't hurt me to think of what he did. Maybe because it has been months since it happened, or Does that mean I am ready to forgive him? I'm not sure but one thing I was sure about, was the fact that I moved on and I was very happy with Ashton.

It has to be two weeks since I moved in with him and he wouldn't stop pampering me. In fact, he has been such a darling that, after our first date I didn't think twice about moving in with him the next day.

"Hey, love. Ready to go?" Ashton asked planting a wet kiss on my lips

I couldn't go to work today but I didn't know how to tell him without having to talk about why?

"What is it? Are you okay? Is there something you want to tell me?"

"No Ash. It's just I.. Can I not go to the office today?"

"Of course. But why? Are you not well, should I call the doctor?" he asked removing his phone from his suit.

"I'm fine" I interjected, reaching for the phone and keeping it back in his pocket. He didn't look convinced at all, so instead of walking him to the car and perking him goodbye, I stared straight at his unconvinced green eyes, took both his jaw in my tiny hand, and gave him the most sincere and loving kiss I could master that moment, that did the trick as he kissed back, putting all his concern and love in it. I deepen the kiss assuring him I was really okay before we broke the kiss and his driver drove away leaving me with thoughts as big as the empty mansion.

I did what I always did on this day: visit the orphanage

Playing with those kids brings smiles to my face. I buy them gifts and spend quality time playing with them,

I left Ash a note that I will be late and he shouldn't wait up.

*
*
*

"Go get the ball," I told one of the little boys I was playing ball with at the park near the orphanage. Someone picked the ball before the boy could get it.

"Hi Ella" he greeted throwing the ball to where I was standing to wait for the ball.

Guess who? Yeah, you got it right, James.

"Carry on guys, I will just be back" I excused the children making my way to the swing with James following suit.

"Hi" I responded awkwardly to his greetings when I was away from the children.

"How did you know I was here?"

"I was your Boyfriend once remember?"

"But I need..."

"Yes! You never told me you spend your birthdays here but I knew and even the reason why? You don't like talking about it or him so I never said anything" so thoughtful of him.

"You are doing the same with him.." I raised a brow "..your boyfriend, and he wouldn't be happy." I wouldn't even ask how he knew I was dating.

"What about you, any girl?" I directed the attention to him instead.

"No. I have been waiting for my Ex, the best thing that ever happened to me, whom I cheated on, to forgive me, or at least move on."

"J, I have forgiven you and moved on also and so should you" a smile made a way to his face.