Kiss 15

Kiss 15

Sunflower climbed up to her loft where she planned to spend the rest of the night. After all of her jobs she was always numb. She found a glass of some red liquid with a note: Drink this, get better soon., Love Rose.

Sunflower tossed the note on the floor and gulped down the red liquid. The girl’s numbness faded away, her feelings for Jag faded away, and for the first time since Chryssy came, she felt like her old self again. She was the pure hearted soul that was taken and poisoned by Jag so long ago.

Maybe it was a mental disorder that had always followed her, maybe it was a trauma related disorder from Jag. Whatever it was, Sunflower became a different person when she went too long without the red concoction that Rose had developed.

She felt like singing again, like dancing around. Rose and Chrysanthemum were out on their jobs and wouldn’t be back for the next three days. Sunflower sighed as she lay on her bed, staring at the TV mounted on the wall.

~Kathryn~

“Do we seriously have to wear these?” I complained to Rose. I was dressed in a classic black and white maid outfit, and it made me feel like it was Halloween all over again.

“Yeah, if you want money that is,” Rose said, adjusting the apron on her outfit.

“Why can’t we get normal jobs?” I asked her, annoyed.

“We can’t get enough money for a month in three days doing a ‘normal job’,” she explained.

“DRINKS,” we heard someone shout from the room next door. Rose picked up a tray of glasses and bottles and put on a huge fake smile.

“This sucks,” I said before grabbing a tray of small sandwiches and cakes. I followed Rose into the room where people in long gowns and expensive suits stood conversing and socializing.

Rose and I were totally ignored until one woman stopped me.

“Miss, you should get out of here while you still can. The master of Cherrywood is very….hands-on with his maids,” she said, swirling her glass of wine. Then she slipped back into the crowd of people and I lost view of her. I shrugged off the ominous feeling, hoping that the lady was just drunk.

The night went on like this, people laughing, people eating, people drinking. It seemed like forever until the crowd of people diminished.

Later that night, Rose and I went to our assigned rooms and changed out of the uniforms.

I felt like a clown with the amount of makeup I had on. Rose helped me apply enough makeup so that i didn't look like...well, me.

“How much are we being paid for this again?” I asked, trying to remember why I was doing this.

“I’m not sure, it goes directly to Jag,” she said, pulling on a plain white t-shirt.

Then her face hardened into a mask of complete seriousness. She shot me a ‘act natural’ look and I nodded slightly, pulling a shirt over my head.

“So we leave on Wednesday?” I asked.

“Yeah, after the convention thingy is over,” Rose said, walking to her bag.

Then the door burst open and an old man came hurtling through, landing on top of Rose.

He outweighed her by a good hundred pounds and was straddling her waist.

“Get the hell off of her!” I screeched, trying to push him off of Rose. He gave me a toothless grin and pulled my wrist. He rolled off of Rose and pulled me on top of him. His hands wandered all over my body despite my kicking and screaming.

Then there was a boom and something warm splattered in my face.

Rose stood over me holding a gun. I wiped my face with the back of my hand and screamed when I realized whose blood it was.