Chapter 26

Chapter 26

                I’ve been ignoring Alex for the past few days. It was hard, especially since we lived in the same house now, but I somehow managed to find a way to dodge out of his way.

                I knew that I was being unreasonable by avoiding him, but I didn’t want to face him. I didn’t want to face him when he told me that he had accepted his dad’s offer to France. I didn’t want to face him when he says that he’s moving to another country for four years.

                So, needless to say, I was running away from my problems.

                Maybe it wasn’t the smartest decision, but it was all I could do at this point.

               Alex wasn’t dumb, though. He knew from the very moment when we exited his father’s house that I was acting up. During the two hour drive back home, I kept looking out the window with ear buds plugged in so I would be able to avoid any conversation with him.

                “Hello?” Clarice’s manicured nails snapped in my face, as she gave me an irritated glare. “Earth to Aerial!”

                Startled, I jolted up from my seat, snapping out of my thoughts. I face the blonde, who was raising her eyebrows at me. “Sorry, what did you say?” I muttered, stirring the untouched, chocolate milkshake in front of me.

                Clarice frowned. “I asked if you were coming to Elliot Chamber’s New Year’s party, but it seems as if you have other things on your mind.” She paused, leaning over the table, giving me a skeptical look. “Spill.”

                “It’s nothing.” I muttered, obviously lying.

                Clarice shot me a glare, before taking her back hand, and slapping it against the side of my head. I winced, pulling myself away from her grip. “Ouch, Clarice!” I hissed, rubbing my aching head. “What the hell was that for?”

                Clarice rolled my eyes. “How many times do I have to tell you that you can’t lie for shit?” she cussed. “Now tell me before I spill my milkshake on your head.”

                I stared at her empty glass, raising an eyebrow challengingly. “You have no more milkshake, though.”

                Clarice eyed my full glass, giving me a sickening evil grin. “But you do.” She snapped. “Now tell me.”

                I sighed, staring at her with frustrating. I ran a hand through my tangled hair that I hadn’t bothered to run a brush through today. “I went to some Christmas dinner party that Alex’s father hosted a week ago.” I started off, as Clarice nodded slowly. “Things didn’t go so well, at first. Did you know that his father is married to a twenty three year old?”

                Clarice gasped, clamping a hand over her lips. “Are you serious?” she counted with her fingers. “Gross! She’s only five years older than Alex! They could be siblings!”

                I shrugged. “That’s exactly what I thought. But anyways, pushing that aside, at the end of the dinner party, when the house cleared out, Alex’s father gave him something.” I gulped. “He gave Alex plane tickets to France.”

                “What about it? He wants to take Alex on a vacation?” Clarice asked.

                I scoffed, shaking my head. “No.” I muttered. “He wants to take Alex to live with him in France. He sugar coated everything, saying how he bought a fancy house there. He even told Alex that he has connections with one of the best universities there, and he could easily enroll him in.”