Percy's other brother, from yet another mother..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Low and behold, standing before me, one of my closest friends out there, Annabeth Chase.

I release a girly scream and throw myself at Annabeth for a hug.

"Ahhhh!!! I didn't think I'd find you for awhile!!"

Annabeth gushes, releasing me.

"What do you mean, what are you doing here?!?"

I shriek.

Annabeth peers over her shoulder and down the hallway, before pushing me backwards into the room. She closes the door behind her.

My shoulders roll up in a shrug.

"Chiron told us you were given a quest by Ares....Something important to do with Cupid's bow."

Annabeth whispers gravely.

"Do you have ANY idea what will happen if that bow falls into the wrong hands!?!"

I roll my eyes.

"Yes, yes...The person has the power to control whether someone...."

"Whether ANYONE loves or hates another! Including the GODS! Think of the ramifications! If Zeus were hit by an arrow, he could want to kill every human. Any of the Gods could want to kill their own children..."

My eyes widen.

I'll admit, I've been selfish. I really haven't given much thought as to how Cupid's missing bow could have major consequences.

"Oh snap...."

I mutter, beginning to pace.

"Yeah...It's bad!"

"How have you been at tracking down your siblings?"

I give another shrug.

"I got here like a half hour ago...I was told I have to be claimed in order to stay in Cupid's dorm, so I'm stuck here."

Annabeth nods.

"Well, I was told orientation is when your parent usually claims you...Otherwise, we're roomies!"

I release a grin.

"Although...I hope we're not."

She mutters under her breath.

"What in the underworld does that mean?" I ask, slightly miffed.

Annabeth shakes her head, staring at the rug on the floor.

"It's not you, it's the Hermes building in general..."

"Uh....I take it you're not a fan of the God of travel?"

I snicker.

Annabeth shakes her head, her gray eyes going slightly misty.

"Being at Hermes...Reminds me of Luke."

I frown.

"You mean the ass hat who wanted to take over Olympus?"

Annabeth scowls

"He did terrible things...But deep down, he felt un loved and forgotten. But he ended up being a hero..."

I put up my hand to motion her to follow me out of the dorm.

I can't say I'll ever understand Annabeth and Thaila's pity they feel towards the one who was Luke Castellan.

I'll never understand why.

Granted, I never actually knew the guy....Heck, I don't even know what they guy looked like.

But how can ANYONE feel pity towards someone who wanted to destroy the Gods and take over Olympus?