Chapter Fifty-Three: The Beginning of The End

"You ready yet, Luna?" Sam called out to the girl, "Has she always taken this long?" The twin mumbled as he leaned up against the wall, his eyes were on the group as they all awaited for the new queen, "We only have a ship load of people who just lost their main crew, and discovered they were on the very planet that is populated by the lifeforms that have tried to kill them for a few centuries now. At least, the one's with this virus that spread to our home planet." Sam cracked his knuckles, "You must understand, I'm a bit worried for the survival of my own species as well, boys."

"Samuel." Ian hit the other's shoulder and scolded a bit, "You should be grateful they didn't just blow the ship up already." The twin rolled his eyes, "No need to be negative. At least we're getting somewhere, right?"

The twin sneered his lip, "Negative? We aren't exactly out of the water at this point either. They still want our people out of here. It's hard to tell what the condition of the ship actually is. If Luna isn't able to talk them into allowing us to stay until repairs are made, then we might as well go up to the surface and let one of their beasts take care of us. It would be quicker that way."

"I think the two of you should just be quiet for five seconds. All ya two do is talk, talk, talk." Bruno made a hand gesture of the twins talking to one another like puppets, "Besides, I'd be scared to if I had to stand in front of a crowd that's hard to please already." Bruno rolled his shoulders, "You boys need some patience."

'The three of you ever shut up?' Zio came down the hall, Fex followed next to him, but all the remaining crew heard was the roar of Alpha Zio. The pale skinned male grunted as he looked at the group, then back at Fex, 'She still has not even come out?' Zio groaned out as he wiped his hand over his face, 'Alright, Luna!'

Fex and Zio looked at one another. The males hissed at towards each other as they spoke. The twins and Bruno seemed to be just as confused at the obvious glares. The midnight blue male flared his fins as he pointed towards the door. The two of them seemed to groan in sync as they went through the rock, and having it slam behind them. Zio veins pulsed in a vibrant midnight sky, while Fex's pulsed in those electrifying pools of red. He looked at Fex as he let out a low groan, 'I told you, she's done. She's hiding.'

Zio threw his hand up at Fex, 'Would you shut up? She has to talk in front of the Hive. The least you can do is be patient.' The tall male crossed his arms to his chest a bit as he let out a heavy grunt as his lip danced open for a moment; revealing rows of teeth.

'We've been outside for thirty minutes now with the other alpha's. I'm not the one being impatient.' Fex shook his head, the feathered fins danced a bit as he poked Zio in the side. He was child like, more so then the taller counterpart. The male's dark red eyes flashed vibrantly as he pushed against the other alpha's shoulder, which earned him the usual hiss.

Zio's eyes returned that yellow-green glow as Fex pushed against him. He rolled his eyes as he looked down at Luna. The male reached down and placed his hand gently on her shoulder, giving it a tight squeeze before pressing his cheek against her own. A soft purr came from him as he hugged her close to him, 'Just relax, my Queen. You have proven your worth. They will listen.'

Luna listened to the two of them argue back and forth. A normal evening since she had gotten the pair back in better health. For both, new scars. Zio had the burn that took up half his body was a permanent scar. The male had even lost a Hollow and others were still repairing.

The blonde ran her fingers over her own Hollow. The luminescent gold glow that had taken over her neck, now came up her cheek and wrapped around her right eye. The anxiety came with this right of passage. Luna not only had to convince them to go after the queen, but also talk them into allowing the humans on the Solar Sun to live in peace until proper repairs were made. These people were completely unaware of their current home on the Irinaut's Home World. The woman wouldn't allow innocent people to be murdered by the hands of the Irinaut. She brought her hands up before placing them on each of their own, "I have been preparing this speech for such a long time." Luna stated, "Waiting for the time to tell them that we are here to help, to finish off the infected queen and run off the spores once and for all. If we kill her, we stop the spread of the infection too." The hybrid placed her palm's on each of their cheeks, "I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the two of you. Even in our times of being so lost, even in time, I feel we wouldn't had made it here any other way. I-I know we've had our quarrels, but we're finally here. We can finish what was started, for everyone." The blonde pressed her foreheads to each of their own. A silence came with this for a moment as the waves of colors that ran through the Hollows began to pulse in sync of one another, 'I love you, both of you..'