The Proclamation

"Once upon a time, long, long ago

"Once upon a time, long, long ago.. well, more like 20 years ago... Belle married her beast in front of 6,000 of their closest personal friends. Big cake. Yeah, so instead of a honeymoon, Beast united all of the kingdoms and got himself elected king of the United States of Auradon. He rounded up all the villains and sidekicks before he booted them off to the isle of the lost with a magical barrier to keep them there. No magic. No wi-fi. No way out. But the future king and I are about to change that. Hang on, you're about to meet us.

I look out at the Isle Of The Lost as Ben is fitted for his suit. Ben and I have been best friends since diapers. It was once rumored that we would be future king and queen but Audrey quickly put a end to that, which Ben and I are grateful for. Now Ben and I are the future king and the future royal advisor. As I look out at the Isle Of The Lost, I can't help but think about all the kids that haven't had a chance since they're kids of villains. I also can't help but feel like a missing piece of me is on that island.

"How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month? You're just a baby!" Beast says breaking me from my thoughts as he and Belle enter the room.

"He's turning 16, dear," Belle reminds Beast before giving me a hug.

"Hey, pops," Ben says as I go to stand beside him.

"16? That's far too young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42," Beast explains teasingly.

"Uh, you decided to marry me at 28," Belle deadpans.

"Ah, it was either you or a teapot," Beast jokes earning a glare from Belle and a smile from Ben and I. "Kidding." Ben looks to me discouraged and I give him a nod.

"Mom, dad..." Ben says getting their attention. "I with the help of Addy have chosen my first official proclamation." Belle and Beast look at us expectantly. "I've decided that the children on the isle of the lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon."

"Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned," I add as I glance out at the Isle.

"The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?" Beast asks as he looks at us in shock.

"We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most," I explain.

"I've already chosen them," Ben says as we share a look.

"Have you?" Beast asks angrily.

"I gave you a second chance," Belle reminds Beast as she gives us a small smile.

"Who are their parents?" Beast asks in defeat.

"Cruella de vil..." Ben starts.

"Jafar, Evil queen," I add before giving Ben a 'go ahead' look.

"And maleficent," Ben says causing Belle to gasp in shock.

"Maleficent! She is the worst villain in the land!" Beast yells.

"Dad, just hear me out here," Ben pleads with his father.

"I won't hear of it. They are guilty of unspeakable crimes," Beast argues.

"Dad, their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life?" Ben says causing Belle to give Beast a stern look. "Dad?"

"I suppose their children are innocent," Beast says in defeat before walking a few feet away.

"Well. Well done," Belle says as she walks up to Ben and I. "Both Of you." Belle walks over to Beast. "Shall we?" They leave the room before Ben and I share a hug.

"You did it!" I cheer.

"We did it," Ben corrects causing me to shake my head.

"To a better future," I say before we fist bump. I find myself gazing out at the Isle as I feel the pull again.

(3rd Person POV)

A few days later Addy is standing beside Ben as they  wait for the villain kids to arrive. The whole school is there to see the new arrivals. Fairy Godmother stands with Ben and Addy while Audrey, Ben's girlfriend, hangs onto his arm. Addy sees the limo start to pull up as the marching band plays. The driver gets out and opens the back door, only for two boys to fall out as they wrestle over something.

"Oh! Ah! Ow! Stop! You got everything else! Why do you want whatever this is?" The boy with white hair says as they wrestle. Two girls get out of the car, one dressed in purple and the other in blue.

"Cause you want it!" The other boy with long hair and dressed in leather says. Addy had to admit that he was cute with a bad boy charm.

"Guys, guys, guys! We have an audience," The girl in purple says causing the boys to stop. Addy could tell then that she was the leader of the group.

"Just cleaning up," The boy in leather says with a laugh before pulling the other boy up.

"Leave it like you found it! And by that, I mean just leave it," Fairy Godmother orders as they all walk towards the group of villain kids. The boy dressed in leather then walks up to Audrey.

"Hello, foxy. The name's Jay," Jay says causing Audrey to give a fake smile before Fairy Godmother stands in front of her. Jay then walks back to his group but not before sending a wink to Addy.

"Welcome to Auradon prep. I'm fairy godmother, headmistress," Fairy Godmother welcomes them.

"The fairy godmother? As in, "Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo"?" The girl dressed in purple asks.

"Bibbidi-bobbidi. You know it," Fairy Godmother answers with a smile.

"Yeah, I always wondered what it felt like for cinderella when you just appeared, out of nowhere, with that sparkly wand and warm smile. And that sparkling wand," The girl in purple says.

"That was a long time ago. And as I always say, don't focus on the past or You'll miss the future," Fairy Godmother explains. It intrigued Addy that the girl was showing such interest in the wand.

"Though my mother does say it was like a dream come true," Addy says with a wink.

"It's so good to finally meet you all," Ben says with a smile. "In case you were wondering this is Addy, daughter of Cinderella."

"Princess Addison," Audrey quickly corrects. "The future royal advisor."

"And this is Ben," Addy introduces as she and Ben fist bump.

"Prince Benjamin," Audrey corrects again. "Soon to be king."

"You had me at prince," The girl in blue says as she steps forward and bows in front of Ben. "My mom's a queen, which makes me a princess."

"The evil queen has no royal status here and neither do you," Audrey says causing Addy to send her a glare as Evie retreats.

"This is Audrey," Ben introduces.

"Princess Audrey," Audrey corrects once again. "His girlfriend. Right, Bennyboo?" Audrey grabs Ben's hand.

"Ben, Addy, and Audrey are going to show you all around, and I'll see you tomorrow. The doors of wisdom are never shut," Fairy Godmother explains as she steps forward and breaks Ben and Audrey's hands apart. "But the library hours are from 8:00 to 11:00. And as you may have heard, I have a little thing about curfews." Fairy Godmother leaves with the rest of the school leaving Ben, Addy, and Audrey with the villain kids.