How Do We Keep Evil Out Of Auradon?

CHAPTER 32

CHAPTER 32

The next morning, Mal, Addy, and Ben meet with Beast, Belle, and Fairy Godmother.

"I think we all know why we're here," Beast starts. "The people are in a panic about Hades. He almost got out."

"Who knows what he would've done if he had escaped?" Fairy Godmother adds.

"We can't risk having another villain on the loose," Beast finishes.

"I really feel like this is my fault. I'm supposed to protect Auradon," Mal says as she looks at Ben.

"You did a better job than I did," Addy tells her with a sigh.

"You both did good, you both protect Auradon," Ben tries to reassure them.

"Every time we open the barrier, we're exposed to danger. Maleficent, Uma, Harry, Hades," Beast explains before Ben's phone goes off.

"Maleficent's scepter and the queen's crown have been stolen," Ben says after checking his phone. Belle, Addy, and Fairy Godmother let out gasps of shock.

"Uma?" Beast accuses.

"We don't know that, Dad," Ben argues.

"When the people hear this, they will never wanna leave their houses. What do we tell them?" Belle says before looking at Mal. "Mal? What do we do? How do we keep evil out of Auradon?"

"I think that there's only one way to guarantee their safety. And I think that there..." Mal starts explaining. Addy starts shaking her head, already knowing where she is going. "can't be anymore going in and out. I think that we have to close the barrier... forever." Beast and Fairy Godmother nod in agreement.

"No," Ben and Addy say.

"Son," Beast tries.

"No," Ben says as he turns around.

"Ben," Mal calls as Ben and Addy walk away.

"No, no, no, no," Ben says as Mal follows them.

"Ben. Addy. Hey," Mal says getting them to stop. "I do not want to take away your dreams. Because it was so beautiful. And it is why I fell in love with you and why Jay fell in love with Addy. But as King, as Royal Advisor, and as Queen what's our duty?"

"To protect Auradon," Addy answers her sadly.

"But do you know what would this mean? All those kids? Are you prepared for that?" Ben questions her.

"I know what it means and no, I'm not prepared for it. I just think that we have no other choice," Mal answers him as she holds back tears.

"Son? Addy?" Beast call's causing them to look at him. "Mal's right."

"I just don't think that we would forgive ourselves if something terrible happened," Mal explains causing Addy to let out a sigh before nodding.