17

Chapter Song: Invisible- Anna Clendening

The next few days at school were rough. State was vastly approaching and so was our English essay. Not to mention, not being on speaking terms with Cal. Overall I was stressed and all I wanted to do was sleep. That was also a problem.

I couldn't sleep. When I did the nightmares came. It was incredibly frustrating. I didn't even know why they were coming. Sometimes they would shift focus away from my mom and I would spend the whole time drowning. It made practice so much fun.

Safe to say I was exhausted.

I sat through my history class still thinking of Sunday night. As soon as I got back to the house Riley knew something had happened. I already had tears forming in my eyes. Liam looked at me with sad eyes but didn't cave. He stayed true to his word, of not wanting us to be together. We were miserable for it.

"Oh, Kenny what happened?" Riley cried when we finally went to my room. I replayed the events it hadn't taken a while since it was only about twenty minutes we spent alone.

"Riley I just don't know what to do!" I cried into my hands frustrated. I wanted him with every fiber of my being, but I just couldn't. I wasn't even sad about it,I just hated how guilty I felt. 

"Kenny I think you're in the deep end," she whispered.

She was right. I was in the deep end. It was a phrase we came up with at the beginning of high school. It meant we had developed too many feelings for our own good. It could only end in two ways; getting our hearts broken, or completely cutting off all ties. Clearly I had chosen the latter but somehow I was still hurting.

"Excuse me Miss Parker did you hear what I said?" Mr. Glover asked waving his hands in front of him to gain my attention.

"Oh what I'm sorry," I said snapping out of my daze. All around me were snickers making me want to pull my hood over my head and shrink back into my seat.

This was the class all of us were in, and I had been dreading it every day. Liam, Tyler, Mason, and Cal all sat off in the left top corner of the class. Riley and I sat on the right side far away from them as possible. I forced myself to not look that way.

I made the mistake once and I almost lost it. Cal was pretending he was fine, but I could see through his facade any day. I grew up with the guy, I could tell when he was lying. I didn't know how no one else did.

"Maybe if she wasn't busy sleeping with her brother's best friends she would know the answer Mr. Glover," Noelle said in her high pitched voice as she turned to look at me.

"Hey Noelle fuck off," I looked at her.

Her picture-perfect face turned into utter rage instantly. I had to admit it was funny. I couldn't help but smirk as she shot daggers at me. Game on, bitch. 

"Miss Parker not another word or you'll get detention." Glover scolded me. I didn't know why he wasn't giving me detention already but I silently thanked him anyways.

"Mr. Glover she attacked me!" Noelle shouted.

"You basically just called me a slut but I attacked you," I scoffed "Okay."

"Miss Parker!"

"Well, you are!" She sneered.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes grabbing my books. I grabbed my backpack and left with all of my books in hand. I didn't care if I got detention or suspension I just wanted to get the hell out of there.

Thankfully it was my last class of the day. So instead of sticking around, I went straight to my Jeep. I paid the security guard ten bucks and promised to bring him a coffee tomorrow to let me go. He was a part-time college student so he was pretty cool. I sent a quick text to Riley saying that I went home and I'll see her later.