Chapter 14.

"Have some tea, dadaji."

Placing a hot cup of tea, Aloke sat in front of Omprakash, who was sitting all stressed with his finger pressed to his forehead in their restaurant.

Clicking his teeth with irritation, Omprakash took some sip and kept the cup back making faces "uh-uun..this tea taste bad."

Alok frowned and took a sip from his own cup "no. The tea is absolutely the way you prefer, with ginger, clove--"

"-oh lord shiva! Can't you understand? It's my mood which is bad."

Aloke stared at Omprakash in a stupefied manner who has annoyance written all over his face. Aloke sighed and tapped his knuckle on the table looking around the restaurant when all of a sudden Omprakash slammed his hand to the table.

"Seriously?"

Aloke jumped on Omprakash's exasperated tone and stared at him with astonished look.

"What did that boy meant by the word 'Rejection'? Huh?"

Aloke opened his mouth to console but Omprakash slammed his palm on the table again grabbing the staff's as well as the customer's attention in the restaurant.

"Doesn't he know that there is nothing as such as the word 'Rejection' in the marriage?"

Looking around the people, Aloke quietly gestured the worker to carry on to their work before turning his head back to the old man.

"Dadaji, please calm down. Anger is not good for your health."

Omprakash darted a glare at him and scoffed "there my granddaughter's marital life is at stack and here you are asking me to calm down? Like how?"

Aloke sighed "I didn't mean it that way but can your anger solve anything? No, right. Then please calm down."

"I'm worried, Aloke. What will we tell Nandu? She has so many hopes on us. And I don't want to shatter her hope." Omprakash mumbled worriedly.

"I don't understand why Manik is doing this. Neither he wants to accept Nandu, nor does he want to leave her. That boy is so confusing." Aloke spoke with a deep sigh.

Omprakash raised his eyes toward Aloke  "He is doing this on purpose" and sighed  "Manik is just venting his anger out on every possible one who is responsible for his miseries."

Aloke squinted his eyes "Misery? What misery?"

Omprakash stared at him for a second before he shifted his eyes at far to nowhere extent.

Here on the other hand, Nandini was desperately waiting for her grandfather and brother's arrival. Sadhna, on watching a hopeless cause of her sister-in-law smiled under her breath.

"Oh! Now stop pacing near the door, Nandu and come sit with me." Sadhna smiled with a chuckle but Nandini sighed "No bhabhi. I'm fine."

"Yeah I can see that" Sadhna teased.

Nandini pouted "Now don't start with that tease bhabhi. I'm already so tensed about their meeting and you are making fun out of my situation."

"Am I teasing? I thought I was just pulling your legs."

Nandini made a face which caused Sadhna to stifle her laugh.

"You know what? I'll just go and look for them by myself. You just sit and have fun out of me. Take care when Amma ask for me."

"-Hey No! Nandu.Wait."