Chapter 15.

As usual, after completing his morning chores, Manik was walking up to the stairs.

Sheetal frowned confusedly on finding Manik going to the terrace.

"Where are you going, beta?"

"To get my breakfas-" he halted on his steps when he suddenly recalled the previous day.

He was certainly habituated of that schedule now.

Sheetal shook her head on her thought "come down and have your breakfast."

Manik silently strolled down and sat on the chair to have his breakfast. Meera came down at the same time in her uniform and sat down beside her brother too.

"What's in the breakfast, maa?" She chirped.

"Roti sabji for you and toast for your brother." Sheetal smiled but Meera frowned.

"Why Bhaiya will eat toast when Bhabhi has made Poha for him?"

Manik turned his eyes at Meera abrutly and then back at Sheetal who was staring at the little girl with confusion but then suddenly Meera slapped her head.

"Oh-ho! Did I forget to tell you that Bhabhi sent his breakfast this early morning?" Sheetal gave a disbelief look to her while she smiled sheepishly "I will just go and get the plate."

Sheetal chuckled seeing her sprinting to the kitchen enthusiastically "Nandini has by the way made my tension a little less on regard to your diet food or else I would had to always think for your breakfast, like literally everyday."

Meera soon came with the plate cover with a lid and kept it in front of Manik before taking the lid off.

Without any word, Manik started having his breakfast but halted at the first morsel.

The very familiar taste of the spices erupted in his tastebuds. He couldn't happen to chew when his heart was fluttering with the various emotion inside him.

He could feel the affection in the food.

Even after being hurt simultaneously by him many times, she still cares about him and keeps him before her always.

Finding him lost in the thoughts, Sheetal sighed. She knew the thing her son might be thinking now.

Being his mother it isn't really hard for her to read him unless he completely shuts himself off from everyone.

"Do you really think she will forget her responsibility against you regardless of your many unkindness act?"

Manik snapped out but didn't matched his eyes with his mother. He knew she was right but he cannot let her word affect him.

He is adamant of his doings and will keep it continued until and unless he gets over with those taunting and mocking voices of his father.

"Complete your breakfast quickly and come out. I will drop you to your bus stop." He said to Meera while getting up while Sheetal found his plate hardly unfinished.

"At least complete your breakfast, Manik." She coaxed but Manik turned on his heels and walked out.

The entire emotions inside him has been ditching him recently. He couldn't understand why was he even feeling those grief when whatever he did was all his consent.

On reaching his college, Manik eyes eventually started looking for those pair of warm gaze which are always searching for him in the college but unlike some other days he couldn't find it.