Chapter Ten

By the time the rest of the family got home from the gala, social media was blowing up with the events that transpired.

And Jason was reading it all, locked away in his room.

Jason and Damian Wayne, Bruce Wayne's Newest Illegitimate Children, Confirmed Offspring of Terrorist Talia Al Ghul

Jason Al Ghul-Wayne Snaps During First Public Appearance, Attacks Father and Selina Kyle

Jason Al Ghul-Wayne, Cracking Under the Pressure Already?

Jason DESTROYS Father in Brutal Verbal Onslaught, Flees Scene With Younger Brother

Jason...Are You Okay, Dude?

Jason groaned, tossing his phone on his bed before stalking over to his dresser. He pulled out a t-shirt and a pair of sweat pants, changing out of his suit and into more comfortable clothes, just in time for the knock on his door.

Jason growled, storming over to his door and unlocking it, opening it a crack to see Cassandra standing there, still in her gala get up, with a glare on her face. "Go away." Jason went to close the door but Cass stuck her foot in the way, barging her way into the room. Jason narrowed his eyes at his sister. "I said, go a-"

"I don't give a shit about what you have to say anymore." Cassandra snapped, her voice cold, hands on her hips. "Do you have any idea what you have done?"

Jason rolled his eyes. "Listen, you don't get to come into my room and start lecturing me."

"Oh, now its your room? What happened to this place not being your home?" Cass sneered, not waiting for an answer. "Mom is down stairs in tears after all the horrible things you said at the gala, you need to fix this."

"First things first, Selina is not my mom. And second, I am not going to apologize for speaking my truth. All of you Waynes can go to hell!"

"You're a Wayne too!"

"No." Jason snarled. "I am an Al Ghul, forever and always. I will never be apart of this family."

Cass bit her fist, letting out a scream of frustration. "What the hell happened at the gala to make you do a complete one-eighty? You were all gung-ho about being apart of the family before and now all of a sudden you despise us? Make up your damn mind." Cass stomped over to the door, stopping in the doorway to send a death glare over her shoulder at Jason. "If not for our sake, then for Damian's."

With that, she slammed the door shut and left Jason alone with his thoughts.

Jason's breath was coming fast and harsh, his heart rate picking up. He whirled around, flinging his arms out at his desk and shoving everything off its surface and onto the floor in one fluid motion, letting out a small shriek of rage. He picked up his text books and flung them across the room, kicking his desk chair as an after thought.

"I hate this place!"

While Jason was throwing his tantrum in his bedroom, Damian was trying to sneak down stairs for a glass of water. He should've known he was going to get caught just by the sheer number of people living in the house.

And he was, of course, the second he made it onto the first floor and stepped on the creaky floor board outside the living room.

"Damian? Is that you?" Bruce's voice rang out, making the boy wince.

He weighed his options. He could run back to his room or he could face his family.

He decided to face his family and get it over with.

"Yes, father..." Damian sighed, meekly making his way into the living room, not shocked to see the whole family (minus Jason) gathered on the couches. His eyes widened slightly when he saw the tear tracks on Selina's face and the pinched anger on Cassandra's.

Bruce let out a small sigh, patting the couch cushion next to him. Damian hesitated, momentarily debating making a dash for his room before deciding to suck it up and sit down with his family. He cautiously sat between Bruce and Selina, looking down at his fidgeting hands the whole time.

"Dami-"

"I know nothing of what set Jason off!" Damian blurted, remembering the dangerous look in his brother's eyes when he told him not to speak of their mother's phone call. "And I do not agree with his words, either."

"You're not sick of us?" Dick asked, a spark of hope in his eyes.

Damian shook his head, looking up from his hands to stare at his family. "Living with mother was...difficult, at best. She was very on-off with us. When she was around, that is. Most of the time, it was just Jason and I at home, so Jason had to learn to take care of me from a young age, very quickly. And then when mother would come around, she would critique Jason's work with me, pointing out all the ways he went wrong but offering no advice on how to fix his ways. Jason eventually asked her for help in raising me and you know what she responded with? 'Don't be daft'." Damian clenched his fists in his lap. "So when all of you were whisked away from us at the gala, Jason felt abandoned and reacted the only way he knew how, by lashing out."

The rest of the family was silent for a few beats before Barbara spoke up. "If living with your mother was so difficult, why were you and Jason so desperate to go back?"

Damian scoffed. "Because, despite her flaws, she is our mother. And when it was just the two of us, things were peaceful."

Stephanie slid off the couch and went to crouch in front of her little brother, taking his hands in hers. "Damian, I-"

However, before she could continue on with her sentence, the door to the living room burst open and Alfred stood there with a panicked face. "Master Bruce, Mistress Selina, I've searched everywhere for him, but I cannot find him."

Bruce leapt to his feet, walking over to Alfred. "Alfred, what are you talking about?"

"Young master Jason...he's gone."