Chapter 1: Lupin (Part the First).

It was a cool nightfall. The wind was breezing through, and the coolness of winter came to Yokohama like a downpour of rain.

The Yokohama river was sparkling under the moonlight when I arrived there. I had planned a meeting with an ability-user to join the Port Mafia, my place of work. The Mafia is under the command of the boss, who likes to keep his name and ability a secret from the public, so that I cannot say. Anyway, the ability user is supposed to meet me at this river. Have I mentioned that? I have? Nevermind then. Ah, here he is.

The man is wearing a white, fluffy hat for some reason, and is wearing the usual black jacket (yes, I have met him before). The ability-user stops walking when he made eye contact with me. I saw his eyes, and smiled widely.

" Hey, finally you showed up! What took you so long?" I asked the man.

" Nothing. I was just pondering on the question that if I should meet with you or not," he replied. 

I frowned.

" Ah, you don't miss me?" I asked another question.

" No. Last time we met, you took killed one of my best friends," the man said in a monotone voice.

Ah, I suddenly remembered. I had killed his lover which I am not naming.

"But I had no choice! What am I supposed to do then with an ability-user that could blow up a city in an instant?!"

" YOU COULD HAVE-" he stopped. He must've realised that yelling was useless. The dead could not be raised again.

He continued walking towards me; this time, with some anger within him. He still resented me for the death of his friend that happened years ago. The wind was starting to pick up, so he held his strange hat with the palm of his hand. He grunted,

" So? Why did you decide to meet me in the middle of the night?" He asked.

" Because to recruit you to the Port Mafia, old friend-"

" I am not your friend. Not after what happened..." The man coughed, and continued.

" Anyways. Why are you recruiting me, Fyodor Dostoevsky, into the dark organization?" Fyodor asked.

I smiled, " Because of your ability."

Fyodor Dostoevsky. His ability is called Crime and Punishment. Little is known of his skill, but it is said to be able to kill a person if that person touched anywhere on his body. The dangerous man asked me,

" Let's go to a bar, then we can talk. Do you know a place?"

" Of course! The place is called Lupin. Have you been there?"

" You know that I can't. No one can visit that place. Not if you're a Port Mafia executive-" he widened his eyes. Guessed he knew why I suggested Lupin.

" So?" I asked for an answer to my suggested place for a drink.

Fyodor grunted, kicked a rock in front of him, and then responded positively. The Yokohama river stayed behind us as we left our place of meeting.

***

" So, does the boss know that you're recruiting me to the Mafia, the most notorious ability-based organization in Yokohama?" Fyodor asked me with a glass in hand.

Lupin was a bar in the area of Yokohama where gangsters from afar would gather. However, the bartender here has a mysterious ability of his own.

" Why yes, Fyodor-kun-"

" Don't state my name with kun," he stated.

" Then what? Chan? San? Sama? Dono?"

" Dono."