Chapter 3: Lupin (Part the Second).

'Twas a quiet evening.

Chuuya went away to tell the Sheep- a very irresponsible thing for a leader to do- and Odasaku and Ango were off working.

That left me with the devil, Fyodor Dostoevsky.

We call Fyodor the devil (or rat) because of his infamous tactics of sneaking in and out of top-secret meetings, or just everyday conversations.

What a weird guy.

'Twas a quiet evening.

A mysterious man of white hair walked amongst a crowd of the poor in the slums of Yokohama.

The man had me a girl earlier, and was now meeting with a man that he had never met before. Apparently, the man who was supposed to meet him told the man while he was drunk, so he doesn't remember the meeting fully. The man told the other to meet at the outside of a bar. The bar was none other than the bar named Lupin.

'Twas a quiet evening.

I, Dazai Osamu, was with the man who was to meet the other man. I thought, why would he want me to meet someone that he doesn't know?

'Twas a quiet evening.

The man arrived at Lupin, and I recognized him immediately.

When Odasaku had his meeting with Mori Ogai, I overheard the boss telling my friend that he wanted an illegal organization, Mimic, to be terminated.

When the man made eye contact with the other man and I, I immediately knew what was going on.

'Twas a quiet evening.

He pulled out a gun.

The other man that was beside me grabbed a hold of me, and he pulled off his mask.

Fyodor Dostoevsky.

My eyes widened, and my body began to shiver more so as Fyodor's grin began to get wider. The Leader of Mimic aimed his pistol towards my forehead and he made his shot. My body began to fall towards the floor. The last thing that caught my eye was the leader and Fyodor standing side-to-side, looking down at me.

The dead, lifeless me.

'Twas a quiet evening.

'Twas a quiet evening-

A loud buzzing sound interrupted my demise, and forced me to awake.

" Ugh..."

My head started spinning as I thought of the dream that my consciousness had told me. Was it a vision? A warning? Or just a dream...

I hear a knock at the door.

" Come in!" I yell at my unannounced guest.

" Oh. So you're awake, Dazai-sama." my butler grasped the situation at hand.

" Yes, why?" I wondered.

" Because you've been asleep for a day or two," my butler replied.

My eyes widened.

" A day or two?" I repeated my butler's answer.

The butler started to look confused.

" Yes, why?"

I quickly got out of my bed, and pulled the window curtains open. Sure enough...

I wasn't in Yokohama anymore.