15 | Basement

Mr. Kim had hauled the two into a tank in his garage, having enough water for the two of them. He laughed it off with his good friend, Mr. Song, and they had both made their way to the bargaining center to place their deal on the line - having wondered who'd make the biggest bet on the two, young merman boys.

+~+~+

Namjoon watched as he left the food in the dining room; he wondered where his father was heading off to. The bar, he presumed; however, he wasn't too sure on the thought.

"This is weird." Taehyung muttered to the older boy, taking some of the goodies on a plate to feed Jihyun.

"What is-." Namjoon was cut off midway.

"Your dad getting food for once, when it's always been you." Taehyung specified on his earlier statement, taking a bite out of the chicken he collected for himself.

"Hey, wait, don't leave me by myself." Namjoon gathered up some of the food for himself, following the younger boy.

"You're too slow." Taehyung clicked his tongue, a hint of mischief in his eyes as he snickered - running off into the bedroom.

Namjoon sighed, following after him - careful as to not drop his food, to not waste it.

Jihyun had his ear to the floor, silent.

His action threw the two boys off, and Taehyung stepped closer, "Um...I brought you food-."

"Shut up." Jihyun muttered, narrowing his eyes slightly.

"Rude." Taehyung murmured, a pout forming onto his lips as he placed the food down near the boy.

"You hear something?" Namjoon quirked up an eyebrow, wondering why Jihyun had his ear against the floor.

"Voices." Jihyun spoke quietly, not able to get a firm grasp on the words the 'voices' said to one another.

"There's...no one in the basement, though." Namjoon was confused, furrowing his brows.

"Go check?" Taehyung suggested.

Jihyun sat up, looking at the two with converting eyes.

"...Once we eat, I will go check. Deal?" Namjoon sat down on the floor, holding his plate of food.

"Okay, fair enough." Taehyung sat down too, taking another bite out of his chicken.

"..." Jihyun stared down at his food, poking at it. He flipped it over, accidentally tearing a piece, and he realized what it was.

"I knew this fish." He spoke quietly.

Namjoon and Taehyung's hunger began to fade, having forgotten he used to be a merman.

"Um, I'm sure i-it's just a normal fish. You know, there's a lot of the same type of fish-."

"His name was Tunaith Tunalacious." Jihyun stated.

A bit of the chicken fell out of Taehyung's mouth.

"That....is a fancy name for a tuna fish..." Namjoon face-palmed.