The return of an old friend 4

Imperial Noble Consort Gao palace

"Your highness, imperial Consort Su is requesting to speak with you" Gao Shi said to her mistress Imperial Noble Consort Gao Xiurong who was having tea and snacks with her Daughters the First Princess Zhongshan Xiujing third princess Zhongshan Xiang  and sixth Princess Zhongshan Xiu.

"Oh this won't do, Tell her that I am taking a nap. I am aware of the reasons for this visit and I can't help her even if I wanted to and I really don't" Imperial Noble Consort Gao said looking at the Jade rings her First Daughter's husband Jiang Chuangli third rank official in the ministry of Lands had gifted her.

"Yes your highness" Gao Shi said and left to relay the message.

"She can't honestly think that father Emperor would change his mind" Zhongshan Xiang said with a smug smile. She like her mother had never liked the imperial Consort or her daughter for that matter, this was a good news for her.

"This will humble her if you ask me. Imperial Consort Su had grown too confident with herself. Even Imperial Grandmother Xu can't help her now" Zhongshan Xiujing said.

"She dared to think she had any power, running around like a chicken with her head cut" Imperial Noble Consort Gao said.

"This safes us the time to plan how to suppress the Third prince" Zhongshan Xiu said setting down her tea cup.

"The third prince has always been foolish, it wouldn't have been hard to suppress him" Zhongshan Xiujing said in reply to her sister's words.

"That very true, he would have done it all on his own"Zhongshan Xiang said chuckling softly. She the most beautiful of Imperial Noble Consort Gao daughters and was married to the Vice Minister of defense first son Xiao Weiyuan . She had been married for Three years and had already given birth to an heir and a daughter. She was heavily favored and loved by her husband.

"Imperial Consort Su wished to arrange a marriage for the third prince with the Zhu family sixth young Miss" Zhongshan Xiujing said smiling. She was Imperial Noble Consort first daughter and first wife to Young master Jiang.

"She would have eaten him up, if the marriage had succeeded that is" Zhongshan Xiu said. She was Imperial Noble Consort Gao last daughter and was Engaged to the second young master of the Ning family.

"The Ning family would never agree to that union and neither would the Emperor" Zhongshan Xiang said flexing her ring finger which was adorned with beautiful Jade rings, her husband family was one of the richest families In Wei after all.

"Imperial Consort Su is back to her old tricks it seams, Imperial Mother Why don't we arrange a marriage Imperial older brother with Miss Ning" Zhongshan Xiu said.

"I already tried the Ning family refuses to get involved with the Imperial fight for the throne" Imperial Noble Consort Gao said displeased. The Ning family like the Lu were loyal to a fault.
                                     * * *

The crown Prince sturdy.

"How are things at the palace? Zhongshan Huang said to Chu Yan who was starting next to him as he read through a report.

"the Emperor confined the Third Princess to her courtyard in the palace and Miss Mo name has been cleared" Chu Yan relayed promptly.

"Good and the third Prince fraction" Zhongshan Huang said finally looking up from the report.

"In disarray" Chu Yan said.

"Bad news they say comes in threes, Have young master Cai present the report at court tomorrow" Zhongshan Huang instructed.

"Yes your highness" Chu Yan said and left the room stealthily.

                                  * * *

The Empress palace.

"Your highness, Imperial Noble Consort Gao refused to see Imperial Consort Su" Jian Xu the Empress personal maid servant said to the Empress who was writing calligraphy.

"That doesn't surprise me imperial Noble consort Gao said Imperial Consort Su have always been rough around the edges and the Dowager imperial Noble consort Xu" The Empress said as she continued writing.

"Your highness, Dowager imperial Noble consort Xu sent imperial Consort Su to reflect on herself" Jian Xu replied.

"Funny, at least she bothered to speak with imperial Consort Su" the Empress said smiling.

"The Imperial Consort went over to the Third princess courtyard but was refunded entry"Jian Xu continued.

"His Marjesty has not pleased with Imperial Consort Su and the Su family from the beginning, it's no surprise that his leaving them no way out" the Empress said finally dropping her ink brush.

"it's only a matter of time before she pays you a visit your highness"Jian Xu said worried.

"That's good" the Empress said softly spreading out her work to look through it.

"What do you mean Your highness" Jian Xu said surprised. Even though She had served the Empress for decades. She still couldn't tell what the Empress was thinking, the Empress never failed to surprise her.

"When Imperial Consort Su comes to find me, let her in no matter the time" the Empress instructed loudly.

"Yes your highness" the servant chorused.

"Eunuch Li deliver this to his Marjesty" the Empress said handing the dried calligraphy to the Eunuch.

"Yes your highness" Eunuch Li said and began heading to the Emperor's sturdy.

"You may leave" the Empress said to the waiting servants save for Jian Xu.

"Yes your highness" the servants chorused and walked out of the room.

"Why are you meeting with imperial Consort Su your highness" Jian Xu asked.

"Jian Xu I have always seen imperial Consort Su as a lost child that needs to be lead back. The imperial Haram looks glamorous and beautiful but instead it's a prison that changes people. In the beginning Imperial Consort Su was very innocent and kind but gradually she began to Change. I have always blamed myself for not being very attentive back then maybe I would have stopped her before she went too far, then Biyu wouldn't have lost her mother so young" the Empress said with a distant expression, one could tell that she was reminiscing about the past