Ch. 34 - Iris

2 chaps in less than a week! Sorry for the long chap!
——————————————————————————
Roselyn

Mumbles. I heard mumbles fill my ears as I felt myself coming back to life.

My body took its first breath and suddenly water emerged from my lungs and out my mouth. I coughed up the salt water flipping to my stomach as my throat started to burn from the water.

'Rose your awake! Finally!' My inner wolf shouted in my head.

"Ouch!" I yelled back holding my ears.

'Sorry girl. I've been trying to wake you up for the past 3 hours.' Rae said.

I groaned rubbing my eyes and found myself in a tent. My body was dried with a blanket covering me. I lifted the blanket to see my knife wound which was replaced by purple leaves.

Where was I? The last thing I remembered was drowning in the chained box shouting for help. So how could I have ended up in a tent with my wounds healing especially me alive?

I was the only one in the tent, and I realized that I was in different clothes. I had a baggy black shirt which was too big on with a pair of Nike shorts. Sitting at the entrance of the tent were a pair of sneakers and clean socks.

This was officially weird.

I had left Logan's pack in jeans and a sweatshirt so someone must've changed my clothes while I was out.

Outside the tent I heard sounds of shuffling and people talking in whispered tones. I slipped on the socks with the shoes and stared at the tent.

Should I go out there?

What if some of Logan's men rescued me? But something told me that it wasn't Logan's men. I took a deep breath and open the curtain stepping out of the tent. I was immediately met with a group of men surrounding a bonfire eating and talking.

They turned their heads to face me and my breath hitched, they were rogues. I wanted to flee quick but a small figure poke out from one of the men's legs.

It was a little boy.

"She's awake." He said pointing at me.

He smiled brightly and ran up to me sticking his hand out. "I'm Willie."

I felt little better that there was a child here so maybe the rogues wouldn't attack me.

I shook his hand. "Hello."

"She'll want to know that your awake." He said happily taking my hand to follow him.

Who would want to know that I was awake?

As we walked I saw more men but with women and few other children. They looked sad and homeless, their clothes torn and old as if they had been traveling for a long time.

Their eyes followed Willie and I as we walked through their camp.
There were several bonfires with tents placed close by to one another.

Where was I?

I hadn't realized Willie had stopped making me bump into him a little bit but he didn't notice. He let go of my hand running in to a big black tent before running back out past me.