17.

When we reached, the party was on full swing

People were busy dancing like crazy. Some were at the food stalls while others were at the drink section enjoying their drinks with their families and colleagues.
Not many faces were unknown because working for 5 years in the company, I knew most of them.

My boss, Mrs Vardhan greeted me warmly along with her husband. They make a cute couple.
When she saw Rey with me, she got to know that I was married and she was slightly shocked but covered it and gave her hearty congratulations to us.

I introduced Rey to my teammates and colleagues. They were smitten by his looks.
I know right, I got the most handsome man in the world(pun intended)
Some young women were drooling over him ,whispering and giggling with each other.
I didn't like it.
So I gave them a glare telling them to keep their eyes off him.

Just then he kept his hand on my waist while talking to someone, completely oblivious to what he just did. Like it was a natural action.

He was lightly drawing circles on my waist giving me warmth in this cold night.

We talked some more with others and then settled down on our seats.

Just then the DJ announced that all the couples should join the stage.

He stood up and forwarded his hand for the dance.*swooooon*  I kept my hand in his and we both made our way towards the stage.

"Rey, I am not a good dancer so if I stepped on your shoes, advanced  apologies. "

"Don't worry, love. I don't mind. " he gave me a grin.

A romantic song filled the atmosphere and the lighting turned dim. It was a perfect setting.

I kept one hand on his shoulder and another in his warm hand while he kept his other hand on my back.

We slowly and steadily moved on the dance floor

He was staring me so intently that I felt  shy.

"Don't stare me like this. " I said turning my head sideways.

"Why? "

"Because I feel concious about myself. " my heart beats so fast that it can possibly explode and I feel something tingly inside my stomach. I wanted to add.