XIII

I woke up in a bed, a blanket pulled up to my neck and the sound of rain hitting a window faintly filled my ears. I opened my eyes and sat up in the bed, the quick strain on my arms was painful. I hissed in pain and leaned back in the bed, I looked around and saw I was in my room from before. I was wearing new, dry clothes, my lightsaber and blaster were both sitting off to the side. I looked down at the new clothes and saw how simple they were. Soft, white pants and a muted blue shirt, the tan wrap Jana made me was wrapped around my shoulders.

The door opened in front of me and Ben walked inside, holding two plates of food. I smiled at him and relief filled his face as he saw me awake. He walked over to the side of my bed and sat on the edge, handing me a plate.

"Thank you" I said quietly, I took a bite of the beans on the plate and felt rejuvenated, I guess I forgot to eat breakfast. I scarfed down the food and laid back in the bed, Ben didn't judge me for eating so fast, he just handed me water and rested his hand on my knee.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, I just smiled and drank the water.

"Better, thanks for carrying me" I said quietly again, my face turning red from embarrassment.

"No problem, I could tell you were tired" he said quickly, I handed him the water and he finished off the bottle, placing it on a side table.

He glanced down at my new clothes and his eyes went wide, "I had Jana...give you new clothes" he reassured, I just laughed and nodded my head. I wasn't worried if it was him, I trusted him enough.

"I guess I'll have to thank her too" I joked, Ben chuckled and placed his empty plate on a side table. Scooting back further on to the bed, I just weakly pulled him up higher so his head was laying on my torso. I ran my fingers through his hair while he just wrapped his arms around me. I felt his hands under my back as we both laid on my bed, so comfortable with each other now.

"What happens after the resistance gets rid of all the First Order survivors?" Ben asked, I lightly scratched the back of his head as he asked me that.

"I think...we're free to do as we want then" I said softly, the words sounding like a song, "no more harsh rules or afraid to be caught...we can just be us" I said happily, he looked up at me and a smile grew on his face as he searched my eyes.

"We could run away?" He asked cautiously, I gave a small smile and nodded my head.

"I could...run away?" He breathed out, excitement filled his eyes. He's probably never had the idea to run because Snoke or Palpatine would always find him, but now they're both gone and Ben was free.

"Yes you could"

He pushed up on his arms and hovered himself above me, I just followed his eyes as he slowly moved farther up the bed, his face moving closer to mine.

"Where would you want to go?" I asked, he smiled and reached his hand up, his fingers grabbed a piece of my hair and began to toy with the strand.

"Somewhere peaceful and quiet, where no one could bother us" he said happily, I just smiled and thought of a place like that. I could spend the rest of my life with Ben and never worry about a thing.

"That's sounds wonderful" I said softly, he nodded his head and dropped the piece of hair.

I glanced to the side and saw the sun starting to set, the sky turning a brilliant orange and pink.

"How about Tatooine?" He offered, I looked up at him and nearly laughed.

"Why there?" I asked, he smiled and looked toward the sky.

"My Grandfather and my uncle both lived there and discovered their destinies. I believe my destiny was to be with you Rey" he explained, I smiled and looked to the sky too. "Two sunsets and a sandstone home, we'll build one that fits us both and one where we live together, we can do...anything" he said, he voice was nearly breaking with excitement. I looked up at him and saw a tear streaming down his face, he wanted this as much as I did.

I put my finger on his jaw and lightly pushed his head to look at me. "We'll go to Tatooine" I agreed. He smiled and I pulled him into a hug, a loving and devotional hug that I never wanted to end.

His hand held the back of my head while my arms wrapped around his neck and held on tight. Then a thought popped in my head, a strange thought I never imagined possible.

Could I have a family?