XIV

"Merde!" I had repeatedly hit my camera to make it work as we sat in the car. I shook it until I heard the familiar click it usually does. Now I knew it was working. I smiled triumphantly looking over at the expressionless Vincent.

"I can just buy you another one, Azalea."

"It works." I pressed the button as it flashed and took a photo of him. The loud printing printed his photo. I lifted my eyebrows up and down wiggling the picture. "See?"

He stared down at the ancient camera in distaste probably not used to seeing something so old and cheap.

"You can't just replace everything." I reasoned while swiping my thumb across the lens to clean them. I heard him scoff in disbelief.

"Yes I can." He blandly spoke as he typed on his phone.

"You really can't-"

"I bought you." That shut me up. I was a bit hurt at his comment, but pushed it aside with the reminder of I was just business.

We were heading towards Sagrada Familia a castle- palace of Catalan architect Antoni Gaudi. Since we are out in a more heavily populated area Vincent wanted to bring body guards. I didn't prefer to because I wanted to be a normal tourist. It was an argument I did not win.

I tugged on my scrunched shorts adjusting them. The two guards were in another car, luckily.

I felt his eyes on the camera again and I knew he was going to say another snarky comment.

"You can't upload it to your phone." He looked at me blankly as I rolled my eyes.

"That's because it will go in my scrapbook, specifically made for this trip." I hugged my camera peeking up at Vince.

"Correction, business trip." My gaze turned into a glare, my jaw ticked with irritation.

"Shut up." I grumbled looking down at the old camera.

I felt the car come to a stop. I hopped out the car ready to explore the place.
I two a hand clamp down on my shoulder halting me from stepping towards the palace. I looked over my shoulder and up at the giant guard. My eyes drifted back down his hand then up again. He removed his hand after my look.

"Wait for Mr. Valerian." He gruffly said. I rolled my eyes about to continue. "Please." It sounded forced when it came out. I figured Vince liked his guard the same way he liked himself, cold.

"See, not so hard is it?" I looked up at the bald guy and his eyes were facing forward.

"I never got your name?" I tried to make conversation since Vince was taking longer than expected. He responded with silence and I huffed. "I'll call you bald guy every time I see you if you don't answer." I threatened.

He flicked his eyes down to me then back up to scan the area.

"Deacon." I nodded tapping my camera.

"What's the others guy name?" I refereed to the other guard who was most likely waiting on Vince.

"Aaron."

"Oui." I said I then started to take in my bright surroundings. The sun beamed down on my face and I squinted. I slid out my sunglasses using them on my face.

"Nice day out isn't it?" I turned back to him with a smile. His stone face gave a curt nod, which was progress.
I noticed that he was squinting from the sun so I reached into my purse pulling out some black shades.