Chapter 19

Jungkook POV:She went to the kitchen, and I followed her around like a lost puppy

Jungkook POV:
She went to the kitchen, and I followed her around like a lost puppy. She was picking the ingredients from the refrigerator to prepare breakfast.

She looked at me for a second before turning her gaze away from me.

Without a word, she went to the kitchen counter and busied herself cutting down vegetables.

During the whole time, I was staring at her. She didn't even take a glance of me. Not even for one second, which made me feel disappointed.

After finishing all the work, she went to the dining table to arrange the plates. I went after her and stood behind her. She did all the work, ignoring my presence.

"Are you still upset with me?" I asked, following around her.

"No," she muttered, placing a bowl on the table.

"Let me explain myself-" She pretended not to hear me and said, "Breakfast is ready."

Y/n was about to walk away, but I blocked her way by standing in front of her.

"You're not going to eat with me?" I asked her.

She tried to push me away, but I stood still blocking the way.

She sighed, closing her eyes, "I will eat later, you can eat first."

She pushed me away with force and went to her room.

I stumbled and got hit by the chair, hurting the pinky finger of my toe.

Jumping in pain, I massaged my toe.

I should do something.

I was so lost in my thoughts, then I heard my stomach growling.

I guess I should eat first.

 ·᳝∴̣࣭🌻·᳝∴̣࣭ 

After a while, Y/n came out of her room. I stopped eating and went to her.

"Y/n-" Avoiding me, she headed to the living room.

Why was she playing so hard to get?

I was getting annoyed. She isn't even talking to me.

I admit it was my mistake, but at least she should give me a chance to explain.

I went after her and grabbed her hand, making her face me.

"Can't you give me a chance to explain myself?" I asked in a calm tone.

"Leave me!" Gritting her teeth, she scratched my hand with her nails while trying to free herself from me.

Tightening my hold on her wrist, I pulled her close to my body, "First, listen to me!" I insisted.

"You're hurting me, Jungkook!" She tried to release my grip on her wrist.

A tear droplet fell from her eyes. That moment, I realized I had hurt her.

Quickly, I removed my grip. She held onto her wrists, which had red bruises because of my tight grip.

"I'm sorr-" While shuttering, I apologized.

She moved away from me, silently sobbing.

"You always keep hurting me. You think one sorry can fix everything?" Massaging her hands, she yelled in a painful voice.

I stood still, unable to say anything. I was lost for words.

"Do you even remember what you did last night? Let me make this clear! I didn't marry you for your money. I married you, because..." She stopped for a while, releasing a deep breath, "... because I love you. I never used you for money."

I couldn't form the words to say anything. I was having mixed feelings.

Happy, sad, hurt and guilt.

All I do is hurt her.

She can never be happy with someone like me.

Lowering my head, I tried to get rid of the guilt building up inside me.

"I was so happy when you confessed your feelings for me."

She gripped the hem of her skirt looking down at her feet trying to hide the tears, "B-But you proved me wrong, Jungkook."

She wiped the tears that fell from her eyes and forced a smile on her face, "Tell me one last thing! The same question you asked me last night."

"Why did you marry me?" Confusingly, I stared at her face.

"Do you even love me?"

Silently, I continued staring at her.

"Do you love me?" She asked again.

Silence filled the room. I lowered my gaze to the floor, unable to give her an answer.

Sooner or later once she finds out the truth of our marriage, she will break down. I was afraid of the future.

What if her feelings change when she finds out everything? What if she hates me for the rest of her life?

With a bit of hesitation, she took a step forward, before asking, "Were you forced to marry me?"

I widened my eyes in shock.

She waited impatiently for an answer while I was lost in my own thoughts.

Is this the right time to tell her the truth about our marriage?

Will she ever forgive me after finding out the truth?

─ׅ──ׅ─៹۟▩⃟ꦿꦼ🍰▩⃟ꦿꦼ៹─ׅ──ׅ─

Everyone tells lies to protect something or to hide something. And, we have to take responsibility for the consequences of our lies. Sometimes, there's even greater truth within our lies that we couldn't realize.

─ׅ──ׅ─៹۟▩⃟ꦿꦼ🍰▩⃟ꦿꦼ៹─ׅ──ׅ─

A/N: 

Will Juancock tell her the truth or will he continue to lie? O.o

Find it out in the next chapter. ;)

Lots of love. 🤗