chapter one

(instead of the asteroid coming Christmas it comes in summer, also it doesn't specify what the organization is that they are in to be on the Jupiter so I'm just using NASA)

I take a deep breath and open my eyes looking around me. I see green grass all over, trees surrounding me, and the sound of a creek up ahead. I'm laying down on the blanket of green staring up at the clear blue sky. I notice a weight on my legs and prop myself on one elbow. I look down to see the dark brown eyes gazing up at me smiling. I find my other hand to be playing with his light brown hair and to my surprise it is super soft.

Then suddenly he sits up to tell me something, "wake up." I look at him confused "Sadie wake up. I'm going to be late." Suddenly everything goes blurry and I'm ripped from my dream to see my sister and a little boy I babysit waking me.

I groan, rolling over onto my stomach, upset about losing a really good dream.

"Five more minutes" I mumble, hiding a smile faking sleepiness. Evan giggles and says " Get up so you can take me and Ares on a walk." I sigh and sit up wishing I could fall back asleep and dream about the boy with light brown hair. I shoo Evan and Sam out of the room telling Evan to grab his shoes. I get up and get ready to take him on his morning walk we usually go on.

It was the middle of summer so I just put on a pair of shorts, a tee and socks, I didn't really dress up a lot and didn't have anyone to dress up for because I was online for school. You may be wondering "Why Sadie? Why online schooling? "Well I have always been top of my classes but got bullied from it, pretty badly too. And besides I am super smart and graduated 14( current age) so I'm taking summer college classes now. But let's put a pause right there and get back to it later. I threw my sleep-riddled hair into a bun, grabbed my phone and walked over to my dog bed and called my black German Shepperd Ares to follow.

As I am walking downstairs with Ares following beside me I slipped and slid down the last four steps. Ares just walked past me without a second thought. I groaned glaring at the dog and took my phone out of my back pocket praying I didn't shatter it, to my luck I didn't and picked myself off the floor and my little to none dignity and walked to the front door where Evan and Ares are playing together.

I hooked a traffic leash on him and let it hang because I trained him and knew he didn't need one but had one on him in case someone else's dog came up and attacked or a person complained he was off leash. Because some people don't understand how to train thier dog. As we walk out the door I have Evan take the ahold of the traffic leash so he doesn't wander off on the short walk.

(For those of you who don't know what a traffic leash is, here)

    Midway on our walk the air is getting worse from being filled with smoke and ash, I look towards Evan and say, "We are gonna head back that doesn't look too good for our lungs, so we will just head back now and till this clears up okay bud?" W...

Midway on our walk the air is getting worse from being filled with smoke and ash, I look towards Evan and say, "We are gonna head back that doesn't look too good for our lungs, so we will just head back now and till this clears up okay bud?" We turn around and start to make our way back to the house.

We jog inside and I set Evan on the couch and signal towards Evan for Ares to watch Evan so I can walk away without worrying about him hurting himself. Once the two are on the couch I turn and give Evan his tablet to play educational games and walks out of the room to call Sam. And before I can even press her contact my phone lights up getting a call from the devil herself.

I picked up the phone and Samantha's voice rang out "Hey I've been trying to contact you all morning. Have you checked your email? Because I got a call and I-I just need you to check it and I will be home soon I'm on my way to discuss it with you love you bye." She hangs up before I could even get a word in.

I scoff and walk into the kitchen and grab a bowl of pretzels and then walk into the living room seeing Evan playing on his tablet laying on Ares on the couch and I smile at the sight and grab my laptop off the coffee table and powered it up all while sitting down on the couch by Ares.

I pulled up my email and gasped at the sight I saw. I quickly pulled open the email as it loaded, Sam came through the door and Ares perked up but didn't move as Evan fell asleep on him. She kicked her shoes off and sat down in front of me on another couch.

I read through the email getting more and more excited and happy as I realized what they were asking of me." Did you know? Did you know that NASA emailed ME? I sent in my application for us but didn't think they would ask for us to try out. Wh- what do you think about this?" I looked up and spoke in excitement.